@kentonbarnes4 tweeted link to Donate. 2019-05-19 17:00:32 -0400Just made a donation to Democrats Abroad https://www.democratsabroad.org/donate?recruiter_id=58618
Make a donation using the form on the left or sponsor one of our projects through our Give to Win program.
If you want to make a MONTHLY RECURRING (VERY HELPFUL) donation or use Paypal to make a donation, you may contribute to Democrats Abroad using ActBlue.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it all over the country in 2018! And we are already working on 2020!
If you are unable to contribute online, send us a US Dollar check with this form to the following address.
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
Thank you for your support!
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.Donate
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
Vice Chair, Germany
Since the concerns of ex-pats tend to be different from our compatriots who still live in the US, it is important for us to be invovled in the political process. We cannot sit idly on the sidelines and wait for someone else to interest in us. We need to motivate people other ex-pats to vote and to make our state and congressional representatives aware of our existence and of our concerns. We, too, have a voice and it needs to be recognized and heard.