Join the Global Black Caucus for cocktails at Jòse Alfred Bar. Take a few moments to relax and chill out as you transition from the training day to the evenings events. There is a cash bar with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
We will also be a raffle fundraiser with multiple opportunities to win some great prizes.
We hope you will join us for a drink before dinner.
The bar is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.WHENFebruary 10, 2018 at 7pmWHEREJòse Alfredo Bar
Calle de Silva 22
Google map and directions
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
“When you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything... . .Grab them by the p---y. You can do anything.”
Sexual Harassment will be an important issue driving women to vote in 2018 and beyond.
The list of power players keeps growing. Thousands of reports of sexual harassment on #MeToo keep coming in. The risks are rising.
But where it leads remains to be seen.
Join us for a panel discussion on our responsibilities and options as a party, and how we can best mobilize voters around this important issue.
- What can we do to reassure women voters that despite recent bipartisanship shown on this subject, the parties could not be more different in their approaches to women’s issues?
- How can we empower male voters to see gender violence as a men’s issue too?
- What legislative, structural and cultural changes need to be made?
- What are our next steps?
All are welcome to join in this vital conversation!
10 euros covers refreshments
Payment can be made at the door, but you must RSVP to add your name to the guest list, as space is limited.
WHENFebruary 09, 2018 at 4pmWHEREGumbo New Orleans Restaurant
Calle del Pez 15
Google map and directions
An RSVP on this page IS NOT SUFFICIENT to register for the events in Madrid.
If you want to attend the meeting or any of the events on Friday and Saturday, YOU MUST REGISTER AT:
The EMEA (Europe, Middle East, Africa) Region and Democrats Abroad Spain will host a meeting of leaders, volunteers, and members from all over DA’s largest region. We expect about 100 participants from countries all around the region and we will focus on strategies and projects to elect Democrats in 2018.
Members of Democrats Abroad from every region are welcome to join us. RSVP below to receive more information as it becomes available. Registration and program details will be available in the next 7-10 days but we encourage you to mark your calendar and make travel plans now.
The three-day program in the heart of Madrid will begin with a session from the Women’s Caucus on Friday afternoon, followed by an evening reception highlighting the best of Madrid’s culture and food. Saturday presentations, training sessions, and workshops will be followed by a Global Black Caucus Cocktail Reception and a “gala” dinner with a special guest speaker. Sunday training sessions and presentations will end around 1pm.WHENFebruary 09, 2018 at 7pm - February 11, 2018 at 12pmWHEREHotel Santo Domingo
C/San Bernardo 1
Google map and directions
Shari Temple rsvped for Inaugural Global Black Caucus General Membership Meeting on Facebook 2017-11-11 01:12:32 -0500
Please join us for the inaugural GBC general meeting.
- Introductions, Steering Committee and Members
- Voter Registration and verifying your information
- Plans for the future
Because we are in many time zones we will be moving the meeting time around so everyone can attend at a convenient time for their locations. We hope you will join us for some of the meeting.
Meeting times by time zoneWHENJanuary 28, 2018 at 2:30pmWHEREOnline - Zoom
Na, NA 36433
Google map and directions
Make a donation here or sponsor one of our projects through our Give to Win program.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it in Alabama in 2017 - and we can do it all over the country in 2018!
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.Donate
Shari Temple donated 2016-05-01 08:13:31 -0400
Make a supporting donation to Democrats Abroad and join us for a live video conference call and Q&A session with top Clinton Campaign staff to get the latest insight into the status of the race, and learn where the last pushes are needed to win.
Donating: $15, $25, $45, or $500 will enable you to join this update briefing callDonate
Shari Temple donated 2016-05-16 11:46:33 -0400
You are almost to Berlin! Please input your payment info and the names of any additional registrants you are paying for. If you have any questions please email International Treasurer, Art Schankler Treasurer@DemocratsAbroad.org .Donate
Shari Temple donated 2016-01-27 02:31:27 -0500
Thank you for joining the DA Donkey Design Challenge!
Help decorate the Democrats Abroad donkey by donating on behalf of your country. Top donating countries win a featured spot on the decorated donkey.
Best of all, proceeds go to our Get Out the Vote campaign for the 2016 elections with 50% of every dollar donated available for Get Out the Vote activities in YOUR country. So everyone is a winner.
Donkey Days closes on January 28th and we'll announce the results January 31. The donkey will make its premiere at the Democratic National Convention in July.Donate