This is a midterm election year — all 435 seats in the House of Representatives, 35 of the 100 Senate seats, and 39 gubernatorial seats are on the ballot in November. U.S. citizens have the right to vote in primary and general elections, no matter where in the world they live! If you're a U.S. citizen, dual-national, or will be 18 on November 8, 2022, you have the right to vote from abroad in US elections — including in the November 2022 midterms.
Bonjour Young Democrats!
Democrats Abroad France is now accepting applications for interns. DA France is one of the largest and oldest country committees of Democrats Abroad—the official arm of the Democratic Party for the millions of Americans living outside the United States. We are a volunteer-run organization with a presence across France. We aim to provide Americans living in France a voice in U.S. politics back home, and to help elect Democrats by mobilizing the overseas vote.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the start date is flexible. This internship is unpaid and capped at 8 weeks. The location is flexible and the internship may be completed remotely within France. You may request to work in any of our chapter cities, or with any of our five caucuses (more information here). Interns must have papers authorizing them to reside in France (as a student, employee or other).
We offer networking and social opportunities to interns, as well as training in voter registration, media/communications, and phonebanking. Successful internships are eligible to receive a letter of recommendation from their internship supervisor, as well as credit that can be transferred to a college or university (if authorized by the university).
Come join us on zoom on February 6th to learn more about the upcoming DA France Youth Caucus elections. Find out what positions you can run for, how to declare candidacy, and get answers to your burning questions.
Eight positions of the DA France Youth Caucus Steering Committee are up for election for the 2023-2024 US election cycle.
👉 Submit a candidate statement by email to [email protected] by February 13 2023.
✅ Eligibility: Candidates should be members of Democrats Abroad France, U.S. citizens 18 years or older and be able to serve a full term of two years. Previous organizing experience is welcome but not necessary.
🍻 We will be holding an informational meeting on February 6, and a meet and greet for candidates during our Politics & Pints event on February 16.
- Ensure the caucus is carrying out its mission of registering voters and engaging young Americans living abroad in the political process
- Organize and lead Youth Caucus steering committee meetings
- Provide support and direction to Youth Caucus working groups
- Collaborate with other DA France caucuses and local chapters on joint activities and events
- Prepare monthly report on Youth Caucus activities, trouble spots, and upcoming events
- Represent the Youth Caucus on the DA France Executive Committee
Events Officers (2)
- Ideate new events to draw in members outside our current network
- Support national DA France events, including fundraisers, social events, and protests
- Organize monthly and ad-hoc events for the youth caucus (Politics & Pints, debate watch parties, book clubs, trivia night, protests, invited speakers)
GOTV Officers (2)
- Build and maintain contacts with American organisations in France (universities, US businesses, volunteer organizations, interest groups) to organize voter tabling during election season
- Motivate & organize volunteers for voter registration events
- Partner with DA France to help staff voter registration efforts and phonebanking events
- Flyer for ‘get-out-the-vote’ (GOTV) events and volunteer opportunities with DA France Youth Caucus
Communications Officers (2)
- Amplify the voices of young Americans in DA France, create content informing young Americans in France of their right to vote in US elections
- Maintain and build social channels (Facebook page, DA website, group chats, etc.) and help shape national digital strategy, from messaging to ad placement
- Create visuals and text for upcoming events
- Build relationships with students, schools, organizations throughout France to promote the work of the DAF Youth Caucus
To run for election: You may nominate yourself by declaring your candidacy, or you may be nominated by someone else. You may also nominate another person for a position. To declare your candidacy or make a nomination, please email the Elections Board at [email protected]. Candidates must submit a candidate’s statement (no more than 200 words). If you are nominating another person, please put that person on copy of your email.
Join Democrats Abroad Paris once a month as we meet up in central Paris to WALK & TALK, and explore our glorious city by foot. Our destination varies each time we meet, and often ends with lunch (optional, as folks have time and interest). Come meet your fellow Democrat Abroad in Paris — and get your 10,000 steps in! All are welcome. This event is FREE.
We meet every first Tuesday of the month at 10:30A across from the Pont Sully on the right bank, in front of the LCL Bank (2 Blvd. Henri IV, the corner of Blvd Henri IV and Quai Henri IV), in the 4th arrondissement. By metro: Sully Morland exit on Line 7, or Bastille exit Line 1, 5, 8.
Do you like this page?