NOMINATIONS PERIOD UNTIL FEB 9th
As has been announced previously, Democrats Abroad Paris Chapter will conduct its Leadership Elections on March 11th (more details to come).
The nominations period for candidates is open, and the deadline to submit your candidacy is Feb. 9, 2023. Candidates are sought for the following positions: Chapter Chair, Chapter Vice-Chair, Chapter Treasurer/Fundraiser, Chapter Secretary, Chapter Events/Social Lead, Chapter Communications Coordinator, and Chapter Outreach Manager (GOTV/Database).
The news coming out of the US is a nightmare — in the past week, the conservative-dominated Supreme Court has handed down rulings with profound impact on American life — ranging from gun rights, to Miranda rights, to religious funding of schools — but most significantly overturning Roe v Wade, and ending a constitutional right to an abortion that has protected reproductive choice for over 50 years.
The horrible effects of this ruling are immediate — abortion is expected to soon become illegal in 16 states, and still others may soon see restrictions through court action or pre-Roe bans. In many places, restrictive abortion bans will come with criminal penalties for abortion providers and patients. Blue state governors are pledging resistance and expansionas they position themselves as safe havens for people seeking abortion.
As the battleground for reproductive choice shifts to state courthouses your vote and voice from abroad matter now more than ever. America is on the threshold of authoritarian rule by people who do not care about rule of law. Democrats must win commanding majorities in House and Senate to stop the assault on American freedoms, but voters must also show up for all the governor races, attorney general races, ballot measures, judges, and other local elections that will determine the future of our nation. Every vote counts more now than ever.
JOIN US AS WE VIVE LA RESISTANCE and fight the radical right this Saturday, July 2nd --
- 11:30A-12:45P at 62 Pl. du Trocadero - PROTEST to demand safe, legal abortion!
- 1-4PM - REGISTER TO VOTE at Shakespeare and Company - or go to www.VoteFromAbroad.org. Tell your friends!
- 6-11PM - INDEPENDENCE DAY BBQ / GOTV FUNDRAISER - enjoy some BBQ and help us get out the overseas vote!
Want to do MORE?
- Volunteer with DA France -- fill out our intake form here. Questions? Email [email protected]!
- Donate to DA France, here -- your generosity helps Democrats Abroad France mobilize the US vote across France!
See the Paris current events calendar, here!
VIVE LA RESISTANCE!
Come join us on zoom on February 6th to learn more about the upcoming DA France Youth Caucus elections. Find out what positions you can run for, how to declare candidacy, and get answers to your burning questions.
Eight positions of the DA France Youth Caucus Steering Committee are up for election for the 2023-2024 US election cycle.
👉 Submit a candidate statement by email to [email protected] by February 13 2023.
✅ Eligibility: Candidates should be members of Democrats Abroad France, U.S. citizens 18 years or older and be able to serve a full term of two years. Previous organizing experience is welcome but not necessary.
🍻 We will be holding an informational meeting on February 6, and a meet and greet for candidates during our Politics & Pints event on February 16.
- Ensure the caucus is carrying out its mission of registering voters and engaging young Americans living abroad in the political process
- Organize and lead Youth Caucus steering committee meetings
- Provide support and direction to Youth Caucus working groups
- Collaborate with other DA France caucuses and local chapters on joint activities and events
- Prepare monthly report on Youth Caucus activities, trouble spots, and upcoming events
- Represent the Youth Caucus on the DA France Executive Committee
Events Officers (2)
- Ideate new events to draw in members outside our current network
- Support national DA France events, including fundraisers, social events, and protests
- Organize monthly and ad-hoc events for the youth caucus (Politics & Pints, debate watch parties, book clubs, trivia night, protests, invited speakers)
GOTV Officers (2)
- Build and maintain contacts with American organisations in France (universities, US businesses, volunteer organizations, interest groups) to organize voter tabling during election season
- Motivate & organize volunteers for voter registration events
- Partner with DA France to help staff voter registration efforts and phonebanking events
- Flyer for ‘get-out-the-vote’ (GOTV) events and volunteer opportunities with DA France Youth Caucus
Communications Officers (2)
- Amplify the voices of young Americans in DA France, create content informing young Americans in France of their right to vote in US elections
- Maintain and build social channels (Facebook page, DA website, group chats, etc.) and help shape national digital strategy, from messaging to ad placement
- Create visuals and text for upcoming events
- Build relationships with students, schools, organizations throughout France to promote the work of the DAF Youth Caucus
To run for election: You may nominate yourself by declaring your candidacy, or you may be nominated by someone else. You may also nominate another person for a position. To declare your candidacy or make a nomination, please email the Elections Board at [email protected]. Candidates must submit a candidate’s statement (no more than 200 words). If you are nominating another person, please put that person on copy of your email.
Join Democrats Abroad Paris once a month as we meet up in central Paris to WALK & TALK, and explore our glorious city by foot. Our destination varies each time we meet, and often ends with lunch (optional, as folks have time and interest). Come meet your fellow Democrat Abroad in Paris — and get your 10,000 steps in! All are welcome. This event is FREE.
We meet every first Tuesday of the month at 10:30A across from the Pont Sully on the right bank, in front of the LCL Bank (2 Blvd. Henri IV, the corner of Blvd Henri IV and Quai Henri IV), in the 4th arrondissement. By metro: Sully Morland exit on Line 7, or Bastille exit Line 1, 5, 8.
Do you like this page?