UPDATE DUE TO CORONAVIRUS CONTAINMENT EFFORTS:
The 2020 Democrats Abroad Guatemala Annual General Meeting scheduled for Saturday, March 21 from 11am to 1pm will be held as planned but only via WebEx, an online platform that Democrats Abroad has used for global and regional meetings for several years. Our Executive Committee made this decision following recent Government of Guatemala actions to stop coronavirus transmission. While our meeting would be relatively small, members traveling to and from the event could find themselves in situations of high exposure. WebEx is no more complex than streaming Netflix or PBS.Org on your laptop. The formal WebEx invitation follows below. Please read it carefully. Click on the link to observe what it will look like when you access the meeting and try to acquaint yourself with the program. If you have questions, please contact John Chudy at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 5783-3633.
- Download the proxy form into WORD
- Type in your information (A typed signature is acceptable)
- It’s best to mark your proxy GENERAL, and TRANSFERABLE. If you don't know anyone else going, you can give your proxy to any ExComm member attending including Juan Pablo Aris, Scotney Young, Kee Evans, Dave Evans or John Chudy.
- Save it with your name, (example: DA_Guatemala_Proxy_John Doe)
- Return your proxy either to the Chair, John Chudy or to our events chairperson, Kee Adams Evans (instructions are on the form)
Democrats Abroad WebEx Participant Invitation Email
— You can forward this invitation to others —
DA WebEx Host: John Chudy invites you to attend this online meeting.
(DA WebEx Account: DAwebexHost11)
- Meeting Title = DA Guatemala AGM
- Date and Time = Sat, 21 Mar 2020 13:00:00 – US Eastern Time
- Host Provided Local Date/Time: Guatemala 11:00 am to 1:00pm
- Duration = 2.5 hours
- Meeting number = 732959630
- Hosted by = John Chudy
- Meeting Password = dagt
- Meeting URL: https://democratsabroad.webex.com/democratsabroad/e.php?MTID=m45c4d9715d2bc0d13e695ca742773b5c
— New to WebEx with Democrats Abroad? —
Detailed Instructions — Joining and Participating in this Meeting
To join the online meeting...
See the current Democrats Abroad Bylaws for your reference...
DEMOCRATS ABROAD BYLAWS
Adopted on October 5, 2006
Amended on February 15, 2007
Amended on March 17, 2012
Amended on March 22, 2014
Article I: Democrats Abroad Guatemala
These Bylaws govern an organization having as its name Democrats Abroad Guatemala.
Article II: Purpose and Relationship to Democrats Abroad
2.1 The organization shall apply for admittance to the Democratic Party Committee
Abroad (the “DPCA”) as a Country Committee within Democrats Abroad.
2.2. The purposes of the organization shall be to advance the interests and ideals of the Democratic Party of the United States (the Democratic Party) and of Democrats Abroad, as stated in the Charter of the Democratic Party (currently Section 17) and the Bylaws of Democrats Abroad and to provide for appropriate action by its supporters residing in Guatemala
Do you like this page?