Our Party Our Goals Our Impact Our Leadership DNC Members Our Country Committees Updates and News Our History Press and Contact Media & Podcast ResourcesBecome a Member Volunteer Find An Event Phonebank Voter Assistance Training Tiny Actions Contact Your Representatives 2024 Global Primary 2024 Convention & AGM
Tuesday, December 31
(RECORDING) How To File The FBAR 2024RSVP
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED.
SCROLL DOWN TO DONATE $7.50 FOR THE RECORDING.
Tired of paying someone else to file the FBAR for you? Save money, file yourself!
Join us for a step-by-step Zoom webinar on how to file your own FBAR.
WHEN: Wednesday, February 14 from 3:00-4:00am EST (view your time zone)
$12.50 General Admission or $7.50 Retired/Student/Unemployed. Recording available. All proceeds go to Democrats Abroad.
Scroll to the bottom for tickets
The aim of this event is to go over how to file the FBAR yourself. Presented by Jordan Mendez, a US accountant working for KPMG based in Canada. This is a step-by-step walk-through of the FBAR.
This session is for Americans abroad/U.S. citizens/dual citizens/expats who:
- Aren’t happy with paying an accountant to file their FBAR and want to do it themselves
- Aren't sure if they're able to do it yourself and want to see how it's done
- Just moved abroad and don’t know how to start
- Just learned you’re supposed to file and FBAR and want to get caught up
The session will include:
- Who needs to file the FBAR
- What the FBAR filing threshold is
- What type of accounts need to be reported
- What information is included on the FBAR
- How to electronically file the FBAR
- When the FBAR is due
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have using this form by Monday, February 12. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
Ticket proceeds go to Democrats Abroad, feel free to get a $20.24 boost ticket to bump up your donation!
If you are unable to attend this event you can select the recording ticket option (scroll to the bottom of this page)
Add event to calendar
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
Please click here to add yourself to the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Tuesday, December 31, 2024 at 10:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time
Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force