Our Party Our Goals Our Impact Our Leadership DNC Members Our Country Committees Updates and News Our History Press and Contact Media & Podcast ResourcesBecome a Member Volunteer Find An Event Phonebank Voter Assistance Training Tiny Actions Contact Your Representatives 2024 Global Primary 2024 Convention & AGM
Tuesday, December 31
(RECORDING) Retirement & Taxes For Americans Abroad 2024RSVP
THIS EVENT HAS PASSED.
SCROLL DOWN TO DONATE $7.50 FOR THE RECORDING.
Feeling lost or overwhelmed about filing your IRS tax return this year?
Join us for a retirement focused Zoom webinar on taxes for retired Americans Abroad!
WHEN: Wednesday, February 7 from 1:00-2:00pm EST (view your time zone)
|1:00pm New York
|3:00am Japan (Thurs, Feb 8)
|5:00am Sydney (Thurs, Feb 8)
$12.50 General Admission or $7.50 Retired/Student/Unemployed. Recording available. All proceeds go to Democrats Abroad.
Scroll to the bottom for tickets
The aim of this event is to discuss tax issues particular to seniors. Presented by Allyson Lindsey of Bright!Tax.
This session is for Americans abroad/U.S. citizens/dual citizens/expats who:
- just retired abroad and are not sure what the tax consequences are
- if you've lived abroad for decades but not sure how taxes work after retirement
- if you're concerned about the US tax implications of retirement planning, or
- if you already know a lot but you just want a straightforward answer for a specific issue
Questions addressed will include:
- Do I have to pay tax on my social security?
- Do I have to pay US tax on my non-US pension?
- Will I pay tax on the sale of my home?
- Do I pay taxes even if I'm drawing on my pension but working a part-time job?
Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have using this form by Monday, February 5. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
Ticket proceeds go to Democrats Abroad, feel free to get a $20.24 boost ticket to bump up your donation!
If you are unable to attend this event you can select the recording ticket option (scroll to the bottom of this page)
Add event to calendar
The fine print:
- No refunds are available.
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
Please click here to add yourself to the Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Tuesday, December 31, 2024 at 10:59 PM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time
Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force