The Annual General Meeting of all DAP members will be held March 11, 2021 at 1900 virtually and the meeting shall address the need for Portugal with an extraordinary participation, to be an actual country committee (CC) participant of the Democratic Party. We will with this announcement start the election of the Executive Committee, Democrats Abroad Portugal (DAP). Democrats Abroad Portugal seeks candidates to serve for a two-year term on our Executive Committee.
DA Portugal held a virtual meeting on December 14 to celebrate our group’s stunning growth and many successes over the past year. We also spent some time talking about our plans for 2021 and beyond.
Among EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Asia) groups in Democrats Abroad, DA Portugal was #1 in membership growth since January 2020, in member engagement, and in Vote From Abroad confirmed voters!
Your Nominations and Elections Committee will host a virtual Town Hall to gather interested folks in Portugal, to meet our fellow DAP members and to discuss the future of Democrats Abroad Portugal. The Town Hall meeting will take place on 8 February 2021 at 19h00 WET (Lisbon time) on WebEx.
We look forward to and welcome the participation of all U.S. citizens living in Portugal. JOIN US! 🇺🇸
GOALS for the Town Hall virtual meeting:
- Gather everyone and introduce ourselves to one another
- Establish which issues and activities our members wish to advance
- Collect ideas on how to propel those issues/activities forward
- List potential members
- List political and/or other beneficial contacts
- Find those who are also members of other groups that may help us accomplish more than we can without them
- Determine which members would want to lead and in which area(s)
- Ask how often people would be willing and able to meet
- BONUS: At the WebEx meeting we’ll have a special guest to answer ALL of your questions!
Americans having recently moved to Portugal can join Democrats Abroad at democratsabroad.org and vote in our country committee elections if they are registered by 24 February 2021.
The Annual General Meeting will include the election of officers to the Executive Committee of DA-Portugal, as well as other business. Further information about the platform for the meeting and the agenda will be posted as the date approaches.
In the meantime, members of DA-Portugal may RSVP here to receive information as it becomes available.
Do you like this page?