NewsThe Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) is pleased to announce:2019 Elections for the Democrats Abroad Argentina (DAAR) Executive Committee to be held October 30th!
NOW ACCEPTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE DAAR EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
Join with like-minded Democrats and help lead Democrats Abroad Argentina throughout 2019 to 2121. Nominations are being accepted for the following positions of the DAAR Executive Committee:
- Chair: Acts, as chief executive officer, establish meeting agendas, carries overall responsibility for programs, policies, activities, and compliance.
- Vice-Chair: Presides in the absence of the Chair and accepts other agreed-upon duties assigned by the Chair. (Must be of different gender identity from the Chair.)
- Secretary: Maintains member lists, meeting minutes, and files.
- Treasurer: Manages finances and creates reports for Chair and Executive Committee.
While the Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) has candidates for the above positions, we believe a wide and diverse candidate pool makes our organization strong and would love for anyone interested to run or nominate a qualified DAAR member to do so.
Nominees and self-nominees must be current members of Democrats Abroad and consider Argentina as their principal country of residence. To add yourself or someone else as nominee for a position above, send name, contact information, and short bio/qualifications by October 13 to the NEC Chair, Marcela Brusa, at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Additionally, DAAR will be appointing a Counsel position, and encourages interested members with a legal background to contact us at [email@example.com].
Candidate Statements and electronic ballots will both be emailed to all DAAR members on October 16th.
The Election Process
After receiving Candidate Statements and electronic ballots by email, you can vote in one of two ways:1) In-Person: Attend the DAAR Annual General Meeting (AGM) on October 30th, enjoy good company, and vote in person! The AGM will include the ExCom Election, discussions, presentations, plus a Straw Poll for your favorite 2020 Democratic Candidate for President of the United States!
--- Come Socialize, Eat, Drink, and be Merry ---When: Oct 30th, 2019Time: 19:00 onwardsWhere: Chicken Bros - Thames 1795 (Palermo)
2) Electronic Ballot: If you cannot attend the October 30th meeting to vote in person, you can vote via electronic ballot which will be emailed to all DA members October 16th. Votes must be in by 11:59 on October 29th.Please Like and Follow us at Democrats Abroad Argentina:
After highly successful 'Debate Watch' parties July 31st and August 12th, Democrats Abroad Argentina (DAAR) is committed to continue hosting our monthly gatherings, keeping our country chapter growing and preparing ourselves to engage fully in both the Democratic Primary and Presidential Election of 2020!
Upcoming EventsCome Eat, Drink, Be merry - and vote for our new Exec Com!The Nominations and Elections Committee will begin the evening with the election of our new DAAR Executive Committee!
DAAR's Annual General Meeting immediately following:
- Special GOTV 2020 presentation by Stephanie Mattes, former DA Colombia V-C, appointed DAAR V-C- Report from our Ex Com on progress to date - We're growing!- Share in our goal plans for the all-important 2020- For fun, a Straw Poll for our favorite Dem candidate for President of the United States!RSVP on our DAAR Facebook, then Like and Follow us!
Do you like this page?