Congratulations to our 2019-2021 Executive Committee and Voting Representative, elected at our March 16th, 2019 Annual General Meeting. Front row left to right: Michelle Taube (Voting Representative), Vibeke Lybro (Secretary), Kimberly Chopin (Chair), Judy Williams (Treasurer), Paul Martin Schwartz (Member at Large). Back row left to right: David S. Miller (Vice Chair), Joe Simon (Counsel), Jerrel Burney (Member-at-Large).
1. Nominations for the 2019 Democrats Abroad Denmark Executive Committee and Voting Representative elections must be submitted to the Nominations Committee by noon on Friday, 8 February, and The Nominations Committee will send its recommendations to the membership by Thursday, 14 February. Any Democrats Abroad Denmark member who is not recommended by the Nominations Committee may announce their candidacy via email to the Nominations Committee by noon on Saturday, 2 March. Nominations will not be allowed from the floor unless there is no declared candidate for the position, or if there is no candidate for Vice Chair who is of different sex than Chair (see definition below).
2. In order to vote in the 2019 Democrats Abroad Denmark election, one must be registered as a member of Democrats Abroad Denmark by Saturday, 2 March, which is 14 days before the Annual General Meeting to be held on by Saturday, 16 March 2019.
3. Voting in-person, electronically, and via proxy is allowed.
4. The link to the electronic ballot and all candidate statements will be sent by email no more than 13 days and no less than 10 days before the Annual General Meeting, that is between Sunday, 3 March and Wednesday, 6 March. Electronic voting will close at 8 pm on Friday, 15 March. Any electronic votes received after 8 pm on Friday, 15 March will be considered invalid. Those members who miss the cutoff time for electronic voting will still be allowed to vote in-person at the Annual General Meeting, or by sending a proxy to a member attending the meeting in person.
5. All votes, including in-person, by proxy, and electronically, will be tallied by tellers appointed at the Annual General Meeting, and the results will be announced at the Annual General Meeting as well as via email.
6. The Chair and the Vice Chair must be of different sex, according to the following, which is based on the proposed revision of the Democrats Abroad Denmark Bylaws Section 4.1, and which is in accordance with the Democrats Abroad Charter:
The Chair and Vice Chair shall be of different sex, as declared by each candidate to the Nominations Committee at the time of declaring candidacy for office. For the purposes of this Section, the term “sex” is defined as male, female, intersex, or any other classification of sex or gender that is legally recognized by any state or federal jurisdiction within the United States of America.
7. Candidates may run for only one position. The tallying of votes for Chair shall take precedence over the tallying of votes for the other positions. For the position of Vice Chair, members shall vote for a candidate of different sex than the candidate for whom they voted for Chair.
8. For the position of Member-at-Large, the candidates with the highest and second highest number of votes will be elected as the two Members-at-Large.
9. Proxies on paper or via email may be given to members who will be attending the Annual General Meeting in person, up to the time of the meeting. No member may carry more than two proxies alongside the member’s own vote. Proxies sent to the Secretary must be received via email not later than 8 pm on Friday, 15 March. Any proxies received by the Secretary after 8 pm on Friday, 15 March will not be accepted, yet may instead be sent to individual members attending the Annual General Meeting in person. More information about voting by proxy can be found in the existing Democrats Abroad Denmark Bylaws Section 12.8.
10. If there is a tie for an elected position, the Nominations Committee shall call an immediate, on-the-spot runoff election by secret ballot with the participation of those present at the Annual General Meeting.
11. Challenges to an election process may be made to the Nominations Committee prior to and no later than 7 days after the election. Challenges to an election result may be made to the Nominations Committee within 7 days after the election. Any challenges shall be adjudicated by the Nominations Committee in consultation with the Chair, who will consult with the Executive Committee.
Are you having trouble registering to vote, requesting an absentee ballot, or voting a primary ballot? Do you just have a question?
Democrats Abroad is holding online voter assistance all day every Sunday until November. Since it's so hard to meet in person these days, DA has found the next best way to match volunteers with voters. Log on to our zoom meeting any time of the day on Sunday and take advantage of individualized voter assistance with trained volunteers who live around the world. Click on the date at the bottom of this page to get the meeting link: https://www.democratsabroad.org/global_voter_assistance
Would you like to connect with other Americans living in Aarhus? Or do you have to stop by the borger service to take care of something? Now that we’re a little less socially distant, why not also come and join us for a little coffee and conversation? Local Democrat Abroad member, Chesney McKinley Severance, will be hanging out at the Cafe at Dokk 1 (Hack Kampmanns Plads 2, 8000 Aarhus) Tuesday, August 11 from 10:00-11:00 am. So if you're around Dokk1 for business or pleasure, stop by, say hej, and have a chat!
Do you like this page?