Join us for an informal discussion and Q&A with Colorado State Rep. Chris Hansen. Representative Hansen received his DPhil in Economic Geography from the Linacre College in 2009. He worked for IHS CERA, a consultancy that specializes in advising governments and private companies on energy markets, geopolitics, industry trends, and strategy. He ran for the Colorado State House in 2016, with a campaign focused on renewable energy, education funding, and job creation.
Democrats Abroad UK (DAUK) Tax Committee is proud to present the first ever Tax Day. Tax Day will be an all-encompassing event covering topics including tax, financial planning, and social security. The aim of this event is to help Americans abroad understand tax filing obligations and the financial complexities around being an American living abroad. Purchase your ticket today: https://dauk-tax-day-2019.eventbrite.co.uk
Commonly asked tax questions will be addressed such as:
- When is the tax filing deadline for Americans living outside the U.S.?
- How much do I need to earn to file?
- How much do I have to earn in order to be double taxed?
- How do I manage my US student loans while living abroad?
- Can I open an ISA, SIPP or 529?
- Do I have to pay capital gains tax to the IRS when I sell my UK home?
- Do I get double taxed if I'm self-employed in the UK or have a UK Limited Company?
- What US tax forms do I need to submit to the IRS if I’m retired?
This event is for you if:
- you just moved to the UK from the US and you're unsure of your tax obligations
- you haven't filed for decades
- you're scared to face your tax filing obligation or don't know what questions to ask to get started
- you've filed for years but you're not sure if you're doing it right, or
- you've filed every year but you've wanted a straightforward answer for a specific issue.
Speakers confirmed so far include:
- Kristopher Heck, Managing Partner @ Tanager Wealth Management
- George King, Senior Wealth Manager @ MASECO
- Jack Leuchtman, Regional Federal Benefits @ Social Security Administration
- Susan Shriver, Enrolled Agent, US Tax Consultant (former IRS)
- David Treitel, Founder and Managing Director @ American Tax Returns
- Liz Zitzow, MD @ British American Tax
Please email any questions in advance to email@example.com
If you are unable to attend this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list to keep up to date on future events and news on Democrats Abroad UK tax advocacy work.
Disclaimer: DAUK cannot provide individual tax advice. Advice requires consideration of your individual circumstances and needs, none of which can be done at this event. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
DAUK does not endorse or recommend companies or individuals attending or hosting this event. The views expressed at the event are those of the respective individuals and companies, not DAUK. No liability is accepted by DAUK for the opinions expressed, or for any errors or omissions expressed about matters of tax in any country, your financial planning, or your legal obligations.
We recommend the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the ACA Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: http://acareturnpreparerdirectory.com
NewsA reminder that Saturday, February 9, 2019 is the deadline to nominate someone (including yourself) for all roles including: officers, voting representatives, ex comm members or council members. Please submit your nominations by the end of the day (i.e. 11:59 p.m.).The elections will take place following the Annual General Meeting and during the Biennial General Meeting of DAUK on Saturday, March 9, 2019 from 12 noon to 5 p.m. at David Game College, 31 Jewry Street, London EC3N 2ET.Have any questions, concerns or would like to volunteer at the General Meeting? Please contact the Elections Committee at email@example.com
The GOTV team had a recap meeting of our 2018 efforts in December. In short, with the help and support of DA International, the DAUK ExComm, committee chairs and other members, our team held well over 100 drives in 2018. We registered more voters, especially students, went to more locations outside London and held more repeat drives than ever before. The upshot is we want to do more of what we did in 2018 and do it better. Absentee ballots made the difference in key races in 2018. We hope to replicate and amplify that success in 2020. DAUK members interested in helping at any level, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. A spring planning meeting will be confirmed, and drives will start in January 2020.
Do you like this page?