Are you registered for 2020? Have you requested your ballot?
You’ve heard it at least 100 times! And you’ve thought, “I’m going to do that just as soon as I get around to it.” Well, Fellow Voter, this is your round tuit!
Before you start
Gather the information you’ll need: your name as registered, your voting address in the US, your state driver’s license or Social Security number. It will save you time and distraction.
- If you’re not 100% sure you’ve registered in your home state THIS year
- If they didn’t send you a state ballot for the Primary Election earlier this year
- If you voted in DAGR’s Global Presidential Primary, so didn’t register in your state
- OR if you just want to make sure some eager beaver didn’t purge your record
Check if you’re registered.
- Go to the “Vote From Abroad dot org” (aka VFA) website
- Click on the State Voting Information button at the top right of the home page.
- Choose your state from the drop-down menu.
- Look over deadlines and delivery methods for your state while you’re here.
- Under “‘Additional Resources” at the bottom left click on “Am I Registered?”
- It will take you straight to the Secretary of State for your voting state.
- Follow their directions to check your registration.
Usually, these state or local sites will ask for your full name as registered.You may not remember exactly how you wrote it last time. So, alternatively, they may ask for your driver’s license number OR the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
It’s a good idea to save this page or jot down the info or take a ‘screen shot’ of it. Keep it for future use (so you don’t have to go hunting for it, next election).
If you confirm you’re registered
You’re ready to go! Ballots will be sent out on Sep 19 (this coming Saturday). But don’t sit idle! Think of 5 friends or relatives who might need this information and send it along to them!
If NOT, REGISTER NOW!
You’re ready to begin, because you’ve already gathered the info to check your registration.
Use the ‘Back’ arrow in your browser or phone, to go back to the VFA home page (the one with the blue sky and cheery hot air balloon). Click the friendly red START button in the white rectangle and CHOOSE your path:
_ Follow the instructions and do it yourself.
_ Start-stop this rather boring but totally helpful video as you fill out the form.
_ Call 694 294 0720 and arrange for a DAGR volunteer to talk you through the process.
_ For knotty questions, attend a live Help Desk session on Zoom.