The Equal Right Amendment is sooooo close to being ratified!
The Virginia general assembly starts their session on Wednesday, January 9th and the Virginia Ratify ERA team needs support right now!The Equal Right Amendment is sooooo close to being ratified!
The Virginia general assembly starts their session on Wednesday, January 9th and the Virginia Ratify ERA team needs support right now!
They need photos and videos of Americans living abroad who support ERA to use to win over some votes. Can you take a photo holding a sign and/or make a 30-45 second video? That would be appreciated.
- Consider wearing something or standing/seating by something that shows you are living abroad – for example a foreign newspaper, translation dictionary, map, typical item from country, or outside at a recognizable place in your country. However, don’t worry about it – just a blank wall is fine.
- Do NOT wear or say anything partisan. Almost all Dems support ERA so trying to win the Rep vote.
- Please show some passion but avoid/limit profanity.
- Start with “I’m an American living in GREECE”.
- If you live in a country that has equal rights for women in the constitution, especially if in some non-European country, mention that.
- If you are from one of the 13 states (AR, AL, AZ, GA, NC, SC, UT, FL, MS, MO, OK, UT, LA) that have not ratified the ERA, you may want to mention that. Note that Virginia, North Carolina, and Arizona are the top 3 targets right now.
- For Virginia, you may want to call out Speaker Cox since he is the current ‘gatekeeper’ that could cause it to stall and never get to the Virginia House floor.
- Ask for ERA support.
- Keep video to less than 60 seconds, ideally 45 seconds.
If you post the video on Facebook or Instagram, please add hashtags #DAforERA and #VAratifyERA
Send a link to the video to [email protected]
- I’m an American living in GREECE. I have more rights as a woman here than I do back home. Please support the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. Women around the world care about what happens in the United States. Please vote for the ERA.
- I’m an American living in GREECE. 85% of the countries in the world have equal rights for women in their constitution. GREECE is one of them. I want to see my home country be one as well. Please vote for the equal rights amendment.
- I’m an American living in GREECE. In 2018, I was happy when I learned Illinois became the 37th state to ratify the ERA. My hope for 2019 is that Virginia becomes number 38. Please support the ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment.
- I’m an American living in GREECE. As a man, I care about women’s rights. I hope you do as well. Please pass the Equal Rights Amendment.
- I’m an American living in GREECE. When I recently learned that the US still does not have equal rights for women in our Constitution, I was shocked. How can that be? Surely one of the 13 states that have not ratified it will all do so this year. It is 2019! It’s past time. Please vote for the Equal Rights Amendment.
ERA Photo Guidelines
- Make sign on A4 or 8.5x11 paper
- Please include on the sign “American living in GREECE” along with some support for ERA.
- Take photo with sign with your face showing
- Photos of your kids holding the sign is also good – if you are ok with the photo on the internet
- If you are from one of the 13 states (AR, AL, AZ, GA, NC, SC, UT, FL, MS, MO, OK, UT, LA) that have not ratified the ERA, if you could do a second sign and photo replacing “American” with your state, like Oklahoman, that would be great.
- Please send photo to [email protected]
- Please vote for the ERA
- Please ratify the ERA
- I support Women
- I support Women’s rights
- Equal rights for All
- Women need equal rights
- Women deserve equal rights
- ERA NOW
Create and get these posted (and forwarded) by Saturday so they can put something together for a big event in Richmond on Jan 8th. Arizona and North Carolina will be working toward the same outcome so if you miss the January 8th opportunity you can do the same for them as you can!
So – show your support of women and equal rights by creating a photo and/or video. Send the photo and video links to [email protected]