Please join your fellow Americans and guests for a Thanksgiving celebration dinner on Thur Nov 28, to give thanks to everything we cherish dearly!Don't miss this opportunity to better get to know your American community in the UAE. Please find below more details regarding the event:
- When: 6:30 PM - 11 PM, Thursday, November 28, 2019
- Where: Habtoor Grand Resort, JBR - Garden Lawn Area
- Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/4v1fDxfg9xLpxPiWA
- Price: AED 200 per adult or AED 300 for unlimited adult beverages. Free valet parking included.
- Note: The event is family friendly with live music, dancing, and a bouncy castle for the kids.
Please use the reservation link below to sign up for the event (RSVP and pre-payment deadline is Nov 17). http://bit.ly/DA-UAE-2019-ThankgivingThanksgiving is a holiday that best embodies American culture & values. We hope you can join us!WHENNovember 28, 2019 at 6:30pmWHEREHabtoor Grand Resort in JBR, Garden Lawn Area
Habtoor Grand Resort JBR - Garden Lawn Area
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/4v1fDxfg9xLpxPiWA
United Arab Emirates
Google map and directions
The Youth Caucus of Democrats Abroad is committed to generating awareness of the concerns of young Americans and the challenges they face for the purpose of informing party policy-making and improving party outreach and organizing. The Youth Caucus will provide a platform for young Democrats abroad - those who are and those who seek to become politically active - to engage in and lead on issues and campaigns important to them.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Youth Caucus will be “youth-led” but open to those of all ages who support these central aims.
The Youth Caucus will/proposes to:
- Build political engagement by young Americans Democrats abroad. Initiatives will make young Americans abroad aware of: voter registration and voting from abroad; issue education, advocacy and activism, especially youth-led and youth-related; candidates and campaigns, especially those of young Democrats; US political and election organizing from abroad; and overseas and domestic youth networks, contacts and resources.
- Sponsor issue-focused Working Groups: The Caucus will engage young Democrats abroad in issues advocacy by inviting them to join teams studying particular issues (eg Environmental Sustainability Working Group) and developing and coordinating youth-led advocacy activities and campaigns.
- Establish web-based communication channels for on-going youth outreach: A Youth Caucus Blog on the Democrats Abroad Youth Caucus webpage will provide continuous access to the work of the Youth Caucus and facilitate participation by members globally.
- Work online. Membership will not be constrained by physical location. All general meetings, campaigns, fundraisers etc. will be conducted online via Skype, Social Media, Email, and Online Markets.
- Encourage caucus members to organize live local events and gatherings for political education and outreach, issues advocacy or socializing.
- Be youth-led, with a leadership team made up of volunteers from around the world aged between 18 and 35.
- Engage with US-based Young Democrats or College Democrats groups to share information, advice, intelligence and ideas, build networks and to cross-promote each other.