Democrats Abroad worked hard supporting the 9 million Americans living abroad in get out the vote efforts in 2016. We had on-the-ground voter teams in 41 country committees and ran a huge global effort to reach these millions of Americans and help them vote through our online voter registration tool - votefromabroad.org
Our global efforts included social media outreach, online phone banking, and a 24/7 voter help desk. Besides helping our hundreds of thousands of members within Democrats Abroad, our global team focused on finding, educating and supporting overseas Americans to request a ballot and return it on time to be counted in November.
We also engaged with Democratic State parties in battleground states and where there were races important for a broad Democratic victory.
- 150,000+ voters used our online tool votefromabroad.org to request their ballots. That’s an 83% increase over our numbers from 2012.
- 120,000+ phone bank calls made to Americans abroad, helping them request their ballots
- 2.5 million+ Americans abroad reached through votefromabroad facebook ads
- 30,000+ voters reached through our 24/7 online voter help desk
- 5 Global Town Halls organized for over 3,000 voters to attend and hear from Senate and House candidates across the United States
GLOBAL VOTE FROM ABROAD NUMBERS:
(UOCAVA = overseas civilians and military & dependents posted outside the US or away from their home state)
DEMOCRATS ABROAD GLOBAL PRIMARY NUMBERS:34,570 Americans abroad participated in the DA Global Presidential Primary in March of 2016.
68.79% voted for Bernie Sanders. 30.92% for Hillary Clinton.
For more details, visit our full article on the GPP Results.