David Ware wants to volunteer 2018-01-27 12:42:14 -0500
Democrats Abroad's country committees in the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa, and Asia Pacific need local volunteers. You can start helping today. Put yourself forward by clicking on the "Countries" tab above, find your country, and contact your leaders directly.
If you live in a country without an active chapter you still have an opportunity to help - Democrats Abroad has over 20 caucuses, committees and task forces that address issues that affect all Americans and Americans living abroad as well as keep our organization running. Some you’ve probably heard of while others you may not.
These groups provide a fun and challenging yet important opportunity for you to help us help you. Regardless of where you live there is a caucus, committee or task force that needs your talent and dedication. This is the time to join fellow Democrats and be a part of something that matters.
Please login to find our open positions, if you'd like more details please write us at email@example.com:
Don’t be shy. We're waiting to hear from you!Become a volunteer
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.
David Ware donated 2018-01-26 18:04:13 -0500
Make a donation here or sponsor one of our projects through our Give to Win program.
Every dollar you give supports our work to elect Democrats who will fight - AND FIGHT BACK - to make a better life for ALL Americans. Join us by making a donation today.
Julia Bryan, Chair - Democrats Abroad
We need Democrats like you to commit to Democrats Abroad - your Democratic Party for overseas Americans. Contribute to Democrats Abroad today and help us fight back against the Trump agenda, register Americans all over the world for upcoming elections, reach out on issues that concern you and build a brighter future for our country and the world. With your help, we can make the difference. We did it in Alabama in 2017 - and we can do it all over the country in 2018!
PO Box 15130
Washington DC 20003
On-line credit card contributions made to Democrats Abroad are secure, encrypted transactions made via Stripe.Donate
Chair, Democrats Abroad Colombia
My last residency in the US was Texas, so I must vote from that state, but they have changed the voting rules and we can only vote in National elections. I need some group where we can work to have our voices heard. DA is where it is! I was greatful to be able to vote in a primary for the first time in 30 years!