The Germany Women’s Caucus Workshop in Berlin on September 22, 2018
Revisit, Refocus, Revitalize, Re-empower”
- Get angry, get inspired, get ready
In these trumpish times, it is hard to create a workshop with fixed agendas and fixed topics. That is why we created a workshop event that will cater to the need for women to revisitthe topics that have affected women in the US during these times. But we also want to offer a place for women to refocuson the topics that matter, especially, but not limited to the midterm elections. We want to use the momentum of the workshop to revitalizethe resistance by focusing on candidates that need our support and working together to create powerful soundbites and statements for the election and beyond. Finally, we want to use this workshop to re-empowerwomen and their supporters to keep up the resistance by providing resilience and re-framing tools. We are purposely keeping the topics vague, while providing a structure to help us focus on what matters.
Here is the Agenda for the workshop:
Saturday, September 22, 2018
- 8:30 Welcome/Coffee
Refocus and Revisit
9:00 - 9:30 Session 1: Words Matter - Changing the vocabulary around women’s issues
- How the definition and use of words in varying contexts affects the outcome of the message
9:30 - 10:00 Session 2: What Do We Want to Talk About?
- Question gathering, discussion, idea gathering
- What are the topics that need to be addressed?
- What can we not forget to focus on?
10:45 - 12:30 Session 3: Women Under Attack
- Panel discussions with experts on current women’s topics
- Q & A
- 12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
- 9:00 - 9:30 Session 1: Words Matter - Changing the vocabulary around women’s issues
Revitalize and Re-empower
13:30 - 14:30 Session 4: Women to Watch
- Overview of women candidates to watch and those that need support from members of DA
14:30 - 15:45 Session 5: Word Development - Creating powerful tools to carry us forward
- Group workshop designed to create powerful soundbites and messages for women’s topics
16:00 - 17:00 Session 6: Ways to Stay Strong
- Reframing, refocusing the issue and oneself, how to stay resilient
- Keeping up the resistance, maintaining the fight
- 18:30 Dinner at a nearby restaurant (Optional)
- 13:30 - 14:30 Session 4: Women to Watch
To register for the event, please complete the sign-up form. In the registration form, you will also find additional information about homestays (for those that would like to have a homestay and those willing to provide a homestay).
Google map and directions