Laura Myers rsvped +1 for Democrats Abroad Australia AGM 2023-03-31 20:17:48 -0400
Democrats Abroad Australia AGM
The 2023 Democrats Abroad Australia AGM will take place in Canberra on the 1st of April 2023. The AGM will be held at Level 2, 71 Northbourne Avenue, Canberra, ACT at 11:30 AM. At this AGM the outgoing Executive Committee will give its reports before elections take place.
The link for online attendance is:
- Meeting Title = Democrats Abroad Australia AGM
- Date and Time = Sat, 1 April 2023 11:30am AEDT
- Duration = 2.5 hours
- Meeting number = 23073137330
- Hosted by = Justin Underwood
- Meeting URL: https://democratsabroad.webex.com/democratsabroad/e.php?MTID=mb45b47340a0f82562e522f3298cd474f
Elections for the 2023-25 Executive Committee call for nominations.
At the AGM elections will be held to elect the 2023-25 Executive Committee. The positions up for election are:
- Vice Chair
- Legal Counsel
- 5 DPCA voting delegates
If you wish to nominate for any of these positions please fill out the nomination form at https://forms.gle/uV6vptqwwDogw79r9. Nominations will be open until Sunday 12 March 2023.
Since our last email the international executive committee announced Australia will be entitled to 7 voting delegates instead of 6. As the Chair and Vice Chair are automatically delegates this means we now have 5 elected delegate positions instead of 4.
Please note that the Chair and Vice Chair must be of different genders and no more then 3 of the 5 positions (excluding DPCA voting representatives) can be from the same state. If you have any questions about these positions or the elections process please contact the Nominations and Elections Committee at [email protected].WHENApril 01, 2023 at 11:30am
Laura Myers published 2022 GOTV Campaign is Underway! in News 2022-06-01 06:12:45 -0400
2022 GOTV Campaign is Underway!
Join us for phone-banking, voter registration drives, and other GOTV efforts for the state primaries and midterms!Read more
Laura Myers published NSW 2020 Volunteer Campaign Underway! in News 2019-09-08 00:33:59 -0400
NSW 2020 Volunteer Campaign Underway!
It’s already September - and that means 2020 will be here before we know it!
At our last chapter meeting, we put the call out for volunteers to help us grow our membership and GOTV for the 2020 elections. The more prepared we are, the bigger splash we can make in 2020. Opportunities range from big to small, but key areas for volunteer opportunities include:
1. Event Team Organisers: Looking for organising and planning extraordinaires to help make our local DA events extra special, working with DAA NSW leadership to develop and maintain events, whether it’s canvassing, voter registration drives, or debates watch parties
2. GOTV Team: The more people vote, the more Democrats win, so getting out the vote will be a critical piece of our 2020 work. We’ll be conducting outreach activities throughout the year, ranging from canvassing and tabling at US-focusing events to phone-banking and social media – both to Americans and non-Americans with “Tell An American to Vote.”
3. Study Abroad Team: This team will engage with local students and universities to make sure American students are registered and voting from abroad, through activities like on-campus events or outreach to university/campus/community organisations.
If you couldn’t join us last month, it’s never too late to get involved – the more, the merrier when it comes to working toward Democratic victories next November.
For more information, or if you’d like to volunteer, please contact Laura Myers, NSW Chapter State Chair, at [email protected].
Mark your calendars for our Debates watch party on 14th September, and our next Chapter Meet-Up at 6:30pm on Tuesday, 17th September, at the Aurora Hotel in Sydney.