The Democrats Abroad Global Caucuses, in support of the Global Disability Caucus-In-Formation, invite you to join us for a panel discussion where we’ll talk about the ADA, provide some context, raise issues and hear from a panel of DA members and others as they share their own experiences with disability and the challenges, issues and successes they have faced. We hope to hear what they would want us to know about living with disability as well as what we can do to create a better DA for all members who are experiencing their own challenges. We hope this will be just the beginning of many productive events and conversations in the coming months and years.
In preparation for our event, we invite you to watch the documentary CRIP CAMP: A DISABILITY REVOLUTION on YouTube. It is 106 minutes and the executive producers are President B. Obama and former First Lady Michelle Obama.
- Somer Matthews, M.Ed, LEAPS Doctoral Scholar, University of North Carolina Greensboro;
- Max Macleod, Autism Advocate; Vice-Chair of DA Edmonton Chapter;
- Anthony “Mike” Nitz, Vice-Chair of DA Vietnam;
- Denise Roig, Published Author; Global Women’s Caucus Comms Team;
- Heather Stone, Lawyer; Visually Impaired; DA Global Deputy International Counsel; President of DA Israel NPO.
- Marnie Delaney, Formation Committee Chair of DA Global Disability Caucus;
- Elizabeth Blackbourn, Chair of DA China;
- Ken Sherman, DA DNC Member and
- Lissette Wright, DPCA Voting Rep for Canada.
Our Volunteer ASL Interpreter: Dr. Kimmberli Sparkle Stowe, DA China Member
Note: The panel members will alternate, speaking 5-10 minutes and taking questions for 5-10 minutes.
DA Global Disability Caucus-In-Formation
If you would like to be kept informed about the the work we are and will be doing. or if you would like to volunteer to work with the caucus-in-formation, please click here!
Find your Time Zone:
9:00 AM Washington DC
3:00 PM Paris, France
7:30 PM Bangalore, India
8:00 PM Hanoi, Vietnam
9:00 PM Beijing, China
Google map and directions