Welcome to Democrats Abroad London!
DA London is a chapter of DA Canada, the official country committee for US Democrats living in Canada. Watch this space for upcoming announcements of meetings and events - we have events planned throughout the year, and encourage anyone interested in participating to get in touch.
In 2016, 23% of Americans living abroad did not vote due to feeling disengaged with the U.S. and their local communities. The world is engaged watching the tragic way COVID has been handled and with the scenes of racial injustice happening on the streets of the U.S. - it is not an acceptable response in 2020 to say you're disengaged!
- If you file your 1040s, FBARs & FATCAs with the IRS but don't exercise your constitutional right to vote, you are agreeing to taxation without representation.
- If you want to put an end to Citizenship Based Taxation, it's going to take your vote to retain the House and secure the Senate.
- If you vote from NY stop presuming your vote isn't needed - how often has the NY State Assembly been controlled by the R's?
- If you wish to see racial & social justice in our communities you must vote as far down-ballot as permissible.
- If all registered Florida voters living in Canada in 2000 had voted, they could've changed the outcome of the election.
Hundreds of American citizen volunteers across Canada are working to educate all eligible U.S. voters on their right to vote and how to get their ballots to vote in every election. That includes Canadians who were born in the U.S. and those born in Canada to an American parent(s), who therefore have the right to vote. Americans living in Canada CAN deliver the difference in close elections.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org today to register for your ballot.
If you have questions or would like to help with Democrats Abroad in London, please contact us.
Gena Brumitt, London Chapter Chair