Tuesday, September 19
Expat Tax 101: US and French TaxesRSVP
Join Democrats Abroad France for this special event with international tax expert Isaac Barchichat, CPA, to discuss the basics of US and French tax filing requirements for Americans living in France. The aim of this event is to educate you on your basic tax filing obligations and commonly asked tax questions such as:
- When is the US tax filing deadline for Americans living outside the US?
- How do I navigate the French tax system?
- Can I open a French pension as a US citizen?
- Do I have to pay capital gains tax to the IRS when I sell my home in France?
- How much do I have to earn before being double taxed?
- Do I get double taxed if I'm self-employed in France?
This event is for you if:
- you have questions about filing US and/or French taxes as an American residing in France
- you just moved to France from the US and you're unsure of your tax obligations
- you haven't filed for decades
- you're scared to face your tax filing obligation or don't know what questions to ask to get started
- you've filed for years but you're not sure if you're doing it right, or
- you've filed every year but you've wanted a straightforward answer for a specific issue.
Speaker: Isaac Barchichat, CPA, International Financial and Accounting Expert, Monceau CPA.
Questions: Attendees are asked to please pre-submit any questions you have by filling out this form, by September 17. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most.
Participation fee: $15 to attend the live session; $10 to purchase the recording. 100% of proceeds will go to helping Democrats Abroad France get out the vote in 2024 among Americans living in France. For those unable to attend the session, you have the option to purchase an on-demand ticket to view the recording after the event takes place ($10). We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before or during the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible. No refunds are available.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad France cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters. We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers should always beware. Democrats Abroad France suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Tuesday, September 19, 2023 at 07:00 PM Paris Time