Our Party Our Goals Our Impact Our Leadership DNC Members Our Country Committees Updates and News Our History Press and Contact Media & Podcast ResourcesBecome a Member Volunteer Find An Event Phonebank Voter Assistance Training Tiny Actions Contact Your Representatives 2024 Global Primary 2024 Convention & AGM
21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge
Have you ever made a successful change in your life? Perhaps you wanted to exercise more, eat less, or change jobs? Think about the time and attention you dedicated to the process. A lot, right? Change is hard. Creating effective social justice habits, particularly those dealing with issues of power, privilege, supremacy, and leadership is like any lifestyle change. Setting our intentions and adjusting what we spend our time doing is essential. It’s all about building new habits. Sometimes the hardest part is just getting started. The good news is, there’s an abundance of resources just waiting to empower you to be a more effective player in the quest for equity and justice.
About the 21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge
- For 21 days, do one action to further your understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity
- This plan includes suggestions for readings, podcasts, videos, observations, and ways to form and deepen community connections. Suggestions are in the following categories:
- Choose one activity per day to further your understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity.
- Diversify your habits by doing some of each.
- Use the tracking chart provided here to stay on course. You can download the editable spreadsheet or a PDF for printing.
- We think understanding white privilege and white supremacy is a powerful lens into the complexities of doing social justice work, so we’ve focused our resources on that specific issue.
Like this to encourage your friends to sign up.
Do you like this page?