An important next step for the Montreal Chapter is to elect our Board for the 2021-2023 term.
You may serve a leadership role from anywhere in the chapter, whether you live in Montreal, Quebec City, Sherbrooke or Beaconsfield. As the Nominations and Elections Committee, we invite you to learn about the Board positions and to consider a nomination.
Eligibility: American citizens residing in Canada, legal voting age, a member in good standing of the Democrats Abroad Canada – Montreal chapter member, and willing and able to handle the duties while adhering to the principles of the Democratic Party of the United States.
Terms are two (2) years. As a Board member you will be expected to actively participate in the management of the Chapter, including attendance at monthly board meetings, either in-person or virtually. A Board member who has served two consecutive terms in the same office may only be nominated for a third term from the floor during the AGM by the members present, should no other candidate be nominated for that office. Please refer to the Democrats Abroad Canada Bylaws for more details.
Here are actions you can take:
Learn about the Officer positions
The chapter is seeking to elect the following positions. CLICK HERE for a brief overview of each position.
- Vice Chair
- The chapter is seeking to elect the following positions. CLICK HERE for a brief overview of each position.
Attend the Candidate Information Session
Join Chapter leaders for an informational Q&A session for members to learn about what’s involved. Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 1:00 PM ET on WebEx CLICK HERE TO RSVP for access details
- Join Chapter leaders for an informational Q&A session for members to learn about what’s involved. Saturday, Feb. 20, 2021 1:00 PM ET on WebEx CLICK HERE TO RSVP for access details
- Complete the Nomination & Candidate Statement form
- The deadline for submitting a nomination is 11:59 PM ET, February 25, 2021.
Nominate yourself, or a fellow Democrats Abroad - Montreal member, with their permission.
- Include a Candidate Statement of 300 words or less. Tell us about your reasons for running and any applicable experience within Democrats Abroad or elsewhere. Include social media links.
Alternatively, you may send a written Candidate Nomination through postal mail. You must include
- Your name, email address & phone number
- Name & contact details of the member being nominated if someone else. Consent must be received by the member if nominating someone other than yourself.
- Office nominated for
- Candidate Statement
Send to DemsAbroad Montreal Nominations
c/o Elaina Zuker
4501 Sherbrooke Street West, apt 3E
Westmount, QC. H3Z1E7
- Nomination forms mailed must be received by 11:59 PM ET Feb 25, 2021.
Look for important updates in the future. The AGM Notice and Candidate Statements will be published Feb. 28, and the ballot will be distributed on March 15.
Email the Nominations and Elections Committee with any questions!
Democracy needs our time, talents, and votes!
Nominations and Elections Committee
Democrats Abroad Canada, Montreal