Suma's Vegan Masala Tofu Stir Fry
200 grams (1 block) of extra firm masala (herb) tofu
Bell pepper - 1 cup (diced)
Spring onions - 2 stalks (chopped)
Broccoli - 1 cup (florets)
Sesame oil - 2 tbsp
Dark soy sauce - 1 tbsp
Chili sauce - 1 tbsp
Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp
White vinegar - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Cornstarch - 1 tbsp
1. Press tofu firmly with a towel. Squeeze out the extra moisture. Then cut into small cubes.
2. In a bowl, season the tofu cubes with salt, pepper and cornstarch. Coat tofu cubes well.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Fry tofu until golden brown. Remove the tofu and set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil, fry tomato puree’ for a minute. Add all the vegetables, sautee’ over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix dark soy sauce, chili sauce, white vinegar and lemon juice in a bowl. Add this to the sautee’d vegetables. Stir to combine.
6. Add crispy tofu, mix. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
8. Serve hot with plain rice or noodles.