Dear DA Lion City Committee (DALCC) Member,
Our Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Saturday, 25 May 2019 at 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Among the agenda items will be election of the six members of the Executive Committee (Excom) for a two year term of office.
The AGM will be held at the 3rd floor Board Room of the Business Centre at the American Club, 10 Claymore Hill, Singapore 229573.
Please submit nominations and statement of interests via email to Lisa Tucker-Kellogg at email@example.com no later than Wednesday, 8 May, 2019. We strongly encourage all our members to participate in this AGM and to seriously consider running for one of the positions on the Executive Committee or volunteering for one of the Standing Committees
For positions that receive nominations prior to the election for the said position, there can be no nominations from the floor of the meeting, as those voting via email will not have the same opportunity to vote for candidates nominated from the floor and voting will already be in process. For Excom positions for which no candidates have a been nominated, nominations may be made from the floor at the election meeting.
Once all nominations are received, we will email all of the candidates’ statements of interest and a ballot to be reviewed prior to the election.
Options for voting: (choose one):
• Vote in person at the election meeting via paper ballot.
• Vote via proxy at the election meeting. Submit proxy form by Friday, 24 May. Please note that no proxy holder can have more than 2 proxies and proxy holders must be members in good standing of DA Lion City. The nominations committee will recommend eligible proxy holders to people who don’t know who to ask.
• Vote via email by Friday, 24th May, 2019.. Please send emails to Lisa Tucker-Kellogg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you must be a member of Democrats Abroad 14 days prior to the election if casting your vote via email or proxy and 1 day prior to the election if casting your vote in person.
Please direct any questions to one of the members of the nominations committee below:
• Lisa Tucker-Kellogg at email@example.com (Chair of the DALCC Nomination Committee)
• David White at firstname.lastname@example.org or
• David Klingensmith at email@example.com
Subsequent E-mails regarding other items on the Agenda for the May 25, 2019, AGM will be sent out by the Chair of DALCC in the near future.
Respectfully submitted on behalf of the DA Lion City Nominations and Elections Committee (2019),
Lisa Tucker-Kellogg, Chair of the Election Committee (2019)