Our bylaws state that we must inform the membership 2 months in advance of our AGM. We are pleased to announce the 2023 Annual General Meeting (AGM) held in-person and via Zoom on Sunday, April 16th at 3:00 PM. The AGM is a great opportunity to come together, re-set, elect the new board, and learn about the work of the past year and going forward. Following the event we will hold a borrel. RSVP here.
The AGM will last about 90 minutes with the following proposed agenda:
- 2022 Year In Review
- Financial Report
- Bylaws Revisions
- GOTV Update
- Taxation Task Force Update
- Elections of new Executive Committee
All members in good standing will be able to elect the next Executive Committee for a two year term. Additionally, we will vote on proposed bylaw amendments. A draft of these bylaws will be posted for all members to see ahead of the meeting.
More Information on our Elections:
- A Nominations and Elections Committee (NEC) will be formed. This is a group of DA members who are not running for election who will conduct our elections in a free,open and transparent manner.
- The NEC will post position descriptions and a nation wide call for Executive Committee candidates.
- Candidates will be vetted for being a member in good standing, candidate statements will be collected and posted ahead of the meeting.
- During the AGM the elections will be held, voting will be allowed in person or electronically. Participation is available in-person or on Zoom.