Welcome to the Global Asian American & Pacific Islander Caucus of Democrats Abroad!
The Democrats Abroad Global Asian American and Pacific Islander Caucus (AAPI) advocates on issues important to Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders both in the United States of America and living abroad.
The AAPI Caucus focuses on reaching out to AAPI voters living abroad, increasing engagement in civic and political life, and advocating for laws, policies, and programs that improve the lives of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.
We are also committed to highlighting AAPI history, culture, and the role of AAPI communities in fighting against racism, structural discrimination, and oppression. All Democrats Abroad members are welcome to join the AAPI Caucus.
Join us to receive email updates about volunteering, upcoming events, and new AAPI caucus groups forming in your countries and chapters.
If you'd like to start an AAPI caucus in your Democrats Abroad country committee or chapter, we've put together a guide to forming your own local AAPI caucus.
Get involved in the AAPI Caucus! You can volunteer at the local, national, or global level with our different working groups and projects.
Follow us on social media
What is the AAPI Caucus?
- A forum for all Democrats Abroad members to understand the issues and concerns facing the AAPI community.
- A platform to engage with AAPI voters living abroad to ensure their needs are met.
- A vehicle to help eliminate unconscious bias towards AAPI among Americans and Democrats Abroad members.
- An advocate for policies and reforms important to the AAPI community, especially AAPI Democrats Abroad.
- A champion for AAPI history and culture to promote intercultural understanding.
Learn more about the AAPI caucus and read the caucus founding document, the Terms of Reference. To contact the co-chairs of the Democrats Abroad Global AAPI Caucus, send an email to [email protected].