The Democratic Party had tremendous wins taking back Congress and the Presidency! As we are celebrating and gearing up to strengthen our control of Congress in the 2022 election, we are also sobered by the disturbing events in the Capitol Building in early January. We are ever reminded that democracy is fragile and our work to protect and strengthen it is more important than ever, and we invite you to share in shaping the future of America.
An important next step for the Windsor Chapter
is to elect our Board for the 2021-2023 term.
The Windsor Chapter was reactivated during the 2020 election cycle, and we believe there are a number of members interested in seeing a sustainable chapter. You may serve a leadership role from anywhere in the chapter, whether you live in Windsor, Leamington, Chatham-Kent, or anywhere in the surrounding area. As the Nominations and Elections Committee, we invite you to learn about the Board positions, and to consider a nomination.
Eligibility: American citizens residing in Canada, legal voting age, a member in good standing of the Democrats Abroad Canada – Windsor chapter, and willing and able to handle the duties while adhering to the principles of the Democratic Party of the United States.
Terms are two (2) years. As a Board member you will be expected to actively participate in the management of the Chapter, including attendance at monthly board meetings, either in-person or virtually. A Board member who has served two consecutive terms in the same office may only be nominated for a third term from the floor during the AGM by the members present, should no other candidate be nominated for that office. Please refer to the Democrats Abroad Canada Bylaws for more details.
Here are actions you can take:
- Learn about the Officer positions
- The chapter is seeking to elect the following positions. CLICK HERE for a brief overview of each position.
- Vice Chair
- Member-at-Large (2 positions)
- Attend the Candidate Information Session
- Join Chapter leaders for an informational Q&A session for members to learn about what’s involved. Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021 7:00 PM ET on WebEx CLICK HERE TO RSVP for access details
- Complete the Nomination & Candidate Statement form
The deadline for submitting a nomination is 11:59 PM ET Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
- Nominate yourself, or a fellow Democrats Abroad - Windsor member, with their permission, by completing the Nomination form at this link.
- Include a Candidate Statement of 300 words or less. Tell us about your reasons for running and any applicable experience within Democrats Abroad or elsewhere. Include social media handles.
- Alternatively, you may send a written Candidate Nomination through postal mail. You must include
- Your name, email address & phone number
- Name & contact details of the member being nominated, and the office being nominated for. Consent must be received by the member if nominating someone other than yourself.
- Candidate Statement
- Send to DemsAbroad Windsor Nominations
c/o S Nardi
1153 Mirada Pl
Mississauga, ON L5H 3B6
- Nomination forms mailed must be received by 11:59 PM ET Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021.
Look for important updates in the future. The AGM Notice and Candidate Statements will be published Mar. 11th and the ballot will be distributed on Mar. 26th.
Email the Nominating and Elections Committee with any questions!
Democracy needs our time, talents, and votes!
DemsAbroad Canada – Windsor Chapter
Nominations and Election Committee
Marnelle Dragila, Chair
Steve Nardi, Teller of Elections
Welcome to Democrats Abroad Windsor!
DA Windsor is a chapter of DA Canada, the official country committee for US Democrats living in Canada. Watch this space for upcoming announcements of meetings and events - we have events planned throughout the year, and encourage anyone interested in participating to get in touch.
Hundreds of American citizen volunteers across Canada are working to educate all eligible U.S. voters on their right to vote and how to get their ballots to vote in every election. That includes Canadians who were born in the U.S. and those born in Canada to an American parent(s), who therefore have the right to vote. Americans living in Canada CAN deliver the difference in close elections.
Go to VoteFromAbroad.org today to register for your ballot!
If you have questions or would like to help with Democrats Abroad in Windsor, please contact us.
Beth Daly, Acting Chapter Chair
Democrats Abroad - Windsor
A speed networking and leadership development workshop
Always wanted to get involved politically but not sure where to start? Democrats Abroad is a global organization with groups all around the world representing and organizing Americans. Learn how you can have an impact!
The Asian American & Pacific Islander Caucus and the Hispanic Caucus invite you to a speed networking and leadership development workshop.
The workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Democrats Abroad organization at its different levels and corresponding leaders,
- Review the wide variety of volunteer roles available and their commitments in terms of time and responsibility,
- Clarify and demystify how any member can run for office within Democrats Abroad.
There will be three online sessions, each 1.5 hours, held at a time that is convenient for each region:
Each session will showcase four different Democrats Abroad Leaders, one for each of the Global, Regional, and Country levels, and one from a country without a Country Chapter from the region, interspersed with breakout rooms where you can engage in speed networking and discussions.
- Country-Committee leader:Quyen Nguyen, Chair, DA Colombia
- Non-Affiliated leader: Asha Subas, Chair, Global Election Committee
- Regional leader: Roz Reymers, Non-Country Committee Coordinator, Americas Region
- Global leader: Julia Bryan, Global DA Chair
- Is led by members residing across five time zones, who meet online
- Board members can live anywhere from Dawson City to St. John’s, and from Tofino to Rigolet
- Needs leadership to build on the momentum of our 2020 successes
- Is currently accepting nominations to elect new officers for the 2021-23 term
Are you interested in running for a seat on the DA Canada Board? Want more information about what a position requires, or what is expected of a DPCA Voting Representative?
The Nominations & Elections Committee will be holding two Question & Answer sessions for any DA Canada member who is interested in becoming a candidate.
Learn about two new elected positions; Volunteer Manager, and Programs & Events Manager.
The sessions will take place via Zoom.
Session #1: Wednesday, March 10th 8:00 PM ET / 5:00 PM PT [RSVP below for Zoom information]
Session #2: Saturday, March 13th 2:00 PM ET / 11:00 AM PT [Click here to RSVP]
Thank you for your interest in DA Canada and the Democratic Party!
DemsAbroad Canada Nominations & Elections Committee
Larry Rousseau, Chair
Peter Tesche, Teller of Elections
John Yee, Technical Advisor
Do you like this page?