Join Robert Reich as he speaks with Democrats Abroad.The American political commentator, author and activist will be joining us in a Zoom call on Friday May 29th, 2020 at 11:00am Eastern Daylight Time (Washington, DC).When: Friday, May 29, 2020 at 11:00am EDT (17:00 CET, 23:00SGT)Where: Zoom Call (RSVP for the link)
Ticket cost: While there is no donation requirement to attend, we hope you’ll consider a donation of $15 - or more - and help reach hundreds of potential voters! Even if you can't join the Webinar, you can show your support by clicking HERE and making a donation for this event.
About Our SpeakerAs someone who has served in three presidential administrations, Robert Reich has seen how the system works from the inside and as an author and Professor of Public Policy he explains how it has been corrupted and how we can fix it. His political and government experience spans decades, including serving on President Barack Obama's economic transition advisory board and four years as Secretary of Labor under President Bill Clinton. He's a prolific and bestselling author, publishing more than a dozen books and he has co-created two award-winning Netflix documentaries, Inequality for All and Saving Capitalism.His recent opinion pieces in the The Guardian are deeply critical of how the US, the elite and businesses are operating during COVID-19. His new book, The System: Who Rigged It, and How We Fix It analyzes how we came to the current fraught economic and political situation, what systems keep it in place and how we can change the system so it serves the majority of Americans rather than the elite few. Join Democrats Abroad as we talk with Robert Reich to support Democrats Abroad's 2020 Get Out the Vote campaign, but also to find some solidarity, inspiration, and clarity along the way.Secretary Reich will be taking questions from Democrats Abroad members. Please submit questions in advance by emailing CallTheWorld@democratsabroad.org.ukWHENMay 29, 2020 at 11amWHEREZoom
David Shallenberger donated 2019-05-08 11:51:10 -0400
Democrats Abroad is committed to a world where all persons have access to the same rights and benefits, regardless of sexual identity or gender expression.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Democrats Abroad LGBT Caucus is the constituency group for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex members and any Democrat abroad who supports them.
The goals of the LGBT Caucus reflect the mission of Democrats Abroad to:
- engage and empower LGBTI Americans living abroad to vote in US elections;
- provide a platform for Democrats Abroad members, country committees and chapters to advance issues at the heart of the LGBTI community;
- support Democrats Abroad’s members in issues they face living abroad as LGBTI Americans, such as access to government services and benefits for same-sex spouses and family members, the legacy resulting from past discrimination and Defense of Marriage Act.
The LGBT Caucus:
- supports Democrats Abroad’s country committees and local chapters in organizing activities of interest to the LGBTI community, such as participation in pride events and voter outreach;
- disseminates information to Democrats Abroad members and promotes action on issues that affect LGBTI Americans and their families;
- ensures that the LGBTI perspective is effectively incorporated in all the work of Democrats Abroad, including issues advocacy, communication and GOTV strategy, planning and execution; ensures that issues and policies that impact LGBTI Americans are included in the Democrats Abroad and Democratic Party platforms;
- takes leadership in Democrats Abroad’s issues advocacy initiatives, including “door knock” visits to elected officials in Washington DC, to ensure that issues that impact LGBTI Americans living abroad and their families are included and addressed by elected representatives;
- encourages LGBTI members to run for elected leadership roles within Democrats Abroad and fulfill Democrats Abroad’s diversity and affirmative action goals;
- supports community building among Democrats Abroad’s LGBTI members and allies;
- promotes Democratic Party candidates who demonstrate commitment to policies that positively impact the lives of LGBTI Americans;
- supports and engages with Democratic Party LGBTI caucuses build capacity and achieve common goals.