ERA STATE COORDINATOR ROLE
We still need coordinators for AL and VA
- Find state level ERA organizations to partner with – we already have Equal Means Equal at the national level but we’ve found state level groups can be very helpful
- We have a google doc with all the state legislature members and contacts. It is complete for most states but should some members change, it needs to be updated
- We also have on a google doc list of recent articles about ERA in the state – so need to post any new ones
- Need to keep up with the status of any ERA bills
- There is now a DA webpage for each state – www.democratsabroad.org/era_XX (where XX is the state abbreviation) which needs to be kept up to date
- Prepare messages for state voters on any key actions we need to do
- Anything else that will help get the state to ratify the ERA
It’s mainly trying to keep up with the news on ERA in the state. The legislative sessions last from 2-4 months depending on the state.
The time commitment is not that much. Finding the right state level contact is the first step.
If you would like to help, please contact DA's ERA Project Coordinator, Shari Temple - [email protected]