Join Democrats Abroad as tax expert Katelynn Minott, CPA of Bright!Tax discusses the ins and outs of deciding between using the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) versus the Foreign Tax Credits (FTC) for Americans living abroad when filing your US taxes.
The webinar will cover common questions like:
- Which is better? The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) or the Foreign Tax Credits (FTC)?
- How long do Foreign Tax Credits carry forward for?
- Can I use both the FEIE and the FTC?
- Can you still get the Child Tax Credit if you use the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion?
- How much do I need to earn to file?
- What do I do if I haven't filed a US tax return in a long time?
While there is no donation required to attend, the suggested donation for this event is $10. Click here to donate.
WHEN: Thursday, April 14, 2022, 1pm EDT / 7pm CET View in your time zone
WHERE: Zoom call
RSVP below, and we will send you an email with access details.
Thank you for your support - we look forward to you joining the webinar!
Add event to calendar
DISCLAIMER: Democrats Abroad does not provide personal tax advice or recommendations. We recommend that you engage a qualified, professional tax adviser to address questions related to your personal financial situation.
Why does Democrats Abroad host tax education webinars? The US tax code is unfair and complicated for Americans abroad. The Democrats Abroad Taxation Task Force believes in education so that people know where the problems exist and can then vocalize them to US Congress who has the power to change the law. For more information and to get involved with our tax advocacy outreach click here.
Google map and directions