A speed networking and leadership development workshop
Always wanted to get involved politically but not sure where to start? Democrats Abroad is a global organization with groups all around the world representing and organizing Americans. Learn how you can have an impact!
The workshop will:
- Introduce you to the Democrats Abroad organization at its different levels and corresponding leaders,
- Review the wide variety of volunteer roles available and their commitments in terms of time and responsibility,
- Clarify and demystify how any member can run for office within Democrats Abroad.
There will be three online sessions, each 1.5 hours, held at a time that is convenient for each region:
- AP - 21 February, 3:00 AM EST (7PM China Standard Time)
- EMEA - 28 February, 10:00 AM EST (4PM Paris Time)
- Americas - 7 March, 3:30 PM EST
Each session will showcase four different Democrats Abroad Leaders, one for each of the Global, Regional, and Country levels, and one from a country without a Country Chapter from the region, interspersed with breakout rooms where you can engage in speed networking and discussions.
- Non-Affiliated leader: Carmelan Polce, Chair Taxation Task Force
- Regional leader: Samantha Wong, Asia Pacific Deputy Regional Vice-Chair
- Global leader: John Eastwood, former DNC member
- Country-Committee leader: Adrienne Johnson, Chair, UK Black Caucus and former member of the UK Executive Committee
- Non-Affiliated leader: Elisabeth Myers, Democracy Lead for DA-Morocco
- Regional leader: Merrill Oates, former Regional Vice-Chair
- Global leader: Martha McDevitt-Pugh, DNC member, Global LGBT Caucus Co-Chair & Aaron Fishbone, Director Global Communications
- Country-Committee leader:Quyen Nguyen, Chair, DA Colombia
- Non-Affiliated leader: Asha Subas, Chair, Global Election Committee
- Regional leader: Roz Reymers, Non-Country Committee Coordinator, Americas Region
- Global leader: Julia Bryan, Global DA Chair
Please RSVP by clicking on one of the links above.