American families abroad are eligible for up to $1,400 per child for the Child Tax Credit. In order to be eligible, American families need to file a tax return and each child must be a registered US citizen with a US Social Security number. This webinar will aim to educate American families on the steps required to receive the Child Tax Credit to ensure those most in need can receive the money sooner rather than later.
WHEN: Friday, March 18, 2022 View in your time zone
|4am New York|
WHERE: Zoom call
RSVP below, and we will send you an email with access details.
Topics we will address include:
- The basics of filing a US return while living abroad
- How to figure out how to claim the Child Tax Credit and how much your family is eligible to receive
- What to do if you've been asked to pay last year's Child Tax Credit back
- What payments you're eligible to receive and when
- How would this impact parental leave income
- How to register a birth from abroad
- How to obtain a Social Security Number in order to claim the Child Tax Credit
Guests speakers include:
- Nathalie Goldstein - CEO, MyExpatTaxes
- Jennifer Hersey – Regional Technical Advisor, Federal Benefits Unit, US Embassy London
- V. Sindhu Chidambaram - Consular Officer, Passports and Citizenship Unit, US Embassy in London
Add event to calendar
For those unable to attend the event, the webinar will be recorded and posted to YouTube after. Please RSVP for the event anyway to get an email with the link to the recording afterwards.
IMPORTANT: Democrats Abroad does not provide personal tax advice or recommendations. We recommend that you engage a qualified, professional tax adviser to address questions related to your personal financial situation.
Google map and directions