We all know how important the Senate runoff race in Georgia is for the future Biden administration and for protecting American democracy. Below are some impactful ways for you to support these races. If you have more ideas, contact us at [email protected].
STEP ONE: Support Democrats Abroad - we need to raise $100k by December for phonebanking, digital ads and other outreach. Contact [email protected]. The direct link to make a donation is: https://www.democratsabroad.org/georgia_runoff
STEP TWO: If you still have money to spare, here are some suggestions of where to donate (thanks to Mr Essemann DA member from Africa who collated this list. These are not listed in priority order - please scroll to end for new additions:
Black Voters Matter Fund. The group advocates for expanded voting rights and access, and just finished months of intensive voter registration and outreach across the South. Now they’re hitting the streets in Georgia. https://blackvotersmatterfund.org/donate/
Accepts foreign credit cards, separate donation button for PayPal.
- ACLU of Georgia. The civil liberties legal group is intensely involved in protecting Georgians’ voter rights both in courtrooms and at polling stations, complete with an Election Protection Hotline. Donate here. For more info: https://www.acluga.org/
U.S. tax-deductible donations; donation webpage collects device fingerprint but allows foreign access.
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice Atlanta. Before the November 3 election, the non-partisan group called 92% of Asian American and Pacific Islander voters in Georgia. They’ll do it again leading up to January. Donate here. Accepts foreign credit cards,
The New Georgia Project. A well-regarded effort to register and engage voters. Though officially a non-partisan 501(c)3, NGP is associated with Democratic gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams. They will be out in force for the next two months. Donate here.
Donations handled by ActBlue; standard FEC statements required.
NAACP Georgia. This non-partisan branch is quite active in getting voters to the polls, including a partnership with Lyft to facilitate voting. Donate here.
Donations through ActBlue; Lyft partnership described for general election and not yet updated for the special election.
A non-partisan group building civic engagement in the Latino community. Their substantial voter registration arm aims to make sure that all eligible Latinos are both registered and turn out. Donate here.
Donations handled by Greater Giving and accept foreign credit cards.
Fair Fight. The nationwide group combats voter suppression and promotes “free and fair elections” from its home base in Georgia. It is a left-leaning PAC. Donate here.
Donations to this hybrid PAC handled by ActBlue; standard FEC statements.
- Candidates campaigns: Jon Ossoff here, Rev. Raphael Warnock here
- Win Both Seats: is a joint fundraising effort helping 16 Georgia vetted organizations led by local Black and Brown leaders, including Stacey Abrams. It was co-founded by Martin Luther King III, Andrew Yang, and others. 100% of donations go straight to the 16 organisations. winbothseats.org
Mobilize the Overseas Vote: Be a Georgia Runoff Voting Champion
Everyone can be a Georgia Runoff Voting Champion! All it involves is spreading the word about how to vote in the Georgia Runoff to your network and asking them to do the same and so on and so on. Here is a link to the Georgia Runoff Voting Champion toolkit which will give you all you need to help mobilize overseas Georgia voters. (Please note: the site is still under construction so not all links will work yet). Look out for the launch and the global trainings next week. Questions, email: [email protected]
Mobilize the Domestic Vote: Help Out from Abroad in Georgia
- Phonebanking for the Senate Campaigns
Phonebanking requires a U.S. phone number. Not available for many volunteers abroad.
Phonebanking requires an international call to connect with CallHub. Please note that each call will be charged to the volunteer.
- Other volunteering for the Senate Campaigns:
Submitting your contact information is required, but volunteers abroad can take part in the social media “amplification” efforts.
- Volunteer for Georgia Democrats
- Volunteer for other organisations
GOTV Georgia: https://www.mobilize.us/fairfightaction/event/362669/
All viable campaigns on mobilize.us require a US phone, address, and ZIP code
Postcards to Georgia: https://www.gapostcard.org/
Postcards to Voters: https://postcardstovoters.org/
Swing Left Georgia: https://swingleft.org/p/flip-georgia
NEW: New Georgia Project https://newgeorgiaproject.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer/
We will continue to update this list with new opportunities. If you know of any, please email: [email protected]