If you are from one of the 20 states that requires that you mail your ballot back - Democrats Abroad Israel has a swift and economic solution. This is especially important in light of the slowness of the post and diplomatic pouch, and the limits of the Coronavirus lockdown.
DHL-Israel is offering us a 40% discount for sending in our ballots.
To benefit from this deal, go to: https://mydhl.express.dhl/il/en/shipment.html#/#address-details (Use a computer or tablet, not a smartphone), and follow the instructions below.
(1) Fill out the airway bill.
- Fill in all the mandatory boxes.Skip the optional boxes.
- Company name is your name on the sender side and the the local election official on the recipient side.
- Look up your local election official’s information on www.votefromabroad.org/statesIf the address is a Post Office Box, call or email them and get a street address. Tell them you are a UOCAVA Voter sending your ballot by courier and need a street address.
- Choose the date and time window when you want your package picked up.
If you do not have access to a printer, schedule the pick-up a day later to allow for finding a printing solution.
- Choose your means of payment — credit card or PayPal.
Before entering your payment details check the box to use the Promo Code USA40 for a 40% discount.
(2) Print out your airway bill and receipt.
If you do not have a printer, try to access a printer elsewhere (via neighbors, friends, relatives, colleagues, or print shops). If those options are not available to you, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help find a solution. However, if you have printing challenges, make sure that you schedule your pick-up for at least one day later in order to allow for the printing solution.
(3) Wait for DHL to come fetch your ballot.
If you need help, Democrats Abroad Israel volunteers will be happy to answer your questions. Contact us at email@example.com
States have different requirements for sending in your ballot -- FAX, EMAIL, or MAIL.
Check out the chart below to find out what your state requires.
WY* (OR EMAIL)
WY* (OR FAX)
NJ* - email and follow up with hard copy by mail; VT* - you can email if there is no postal service in your country; WY* - check with your county whether they accept email or fax.
To find out how to MAIL IN your ballot, click here
To find out how to FAX your ballot, click here
If your state requires you to mail in your ballot and you want to avoid the USPS, you have three choices for how to send in your ballot from Israel:
Plan A: Hand-deliver your ballot to either the American Embassy in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv by October 2 from where it will be delivered to your LEO via diplomatic pouch (assuming you are able to get there subject to lockdown rules).
Plan B: Send your ballot via local delivery service to the American Embassy in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv by October 2where it will then be delivered to your LEO via diplomatic pouch.
* RECOMMENDED Plan C: Send your ballot directly to your Local Election Office (LEO) via international document delivery by October 2.
Important announcement from the American Embassy for mail-in ballots
“Where mail-in ballots are the only option, please consider using a courier service to send your ballot directly to your home state to be counted. If you live far from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, you may also mail ballots via Israel Post or private courier to the U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem or the Embassy Branch Office in Tel Aviv. Please consider this only as a last resort, as it will add steps to the process and slow it down. We will then mail your ballots for you to the United States to be delivered to your district office via Diplomatic Pouch. Please note that if you chose to mail your ballots via the U.S. Embassy or the Embassy Branch Office, we cannot guarantee that your ballot will reach your home state in time to be counted. “
Whichever plan you choose, we highly recommend sending in your ballot as soon as possible
To send in your ballot by mail, follow the steps below.Read more
The states that require faxed-in ballots are: AK, CA, FL, LA, and OK, and WY (as one option)
If you vote in one of the states that requires faxed-in ballots, here is what you have to do:
FAX your ballot back to your Local Election Official (LEO).
Not sure how to Fax? There’s an app for that. Fill out the attached fax transmission cover sheet: https://www.fvap.gov/uploads/FVAP/Forms/coversheet.pdf ; sign it, and scan it with the ballot materials to firstname.lastname@example.org and FVAP.gov will fax it in for you. Do this at least 10 days before Election Day to allow time for FVAP.gov to fax your ballot to your LEO.
The 2020 election is a critical moment in American history, as the fate of democracy hangs in the balance. Democrats Abroad-Israel stands on the front-lines protecting Democracy in America and around the world.
But we need your help!
Here are some ways you can help Get Out The Vote (GOTV) before November 3, 2020!
There’s no time to waste. We are 33 days from Ballot Day, September 19, and seventy-eight days from Election Day, November 3. Here’s what you can and should do:
- Check that you are registered to vote: votefromabroad.org/states
- If you’re not registered 👉🏼 votefromabroad.org and complete the registration form right away. It’s not too late. ☑️the box to get the ballot sent to you by email. The ballot will be sent to you Ballot Day, September 19.
- Register to Vote: votefromabroad.org It’s not too late. ☑️the box to get the ballot sent to you by email. The ballot will be sent to you Ballot Day, September 19.
- If you are from one of these states: AK CT GA ID IL IA KY MD MI MN MO NH NY OH PA SD TN TX VT VA WI WY 👉🏼 votefromabroad.org/FWAB and fill in a Federal Write-in Absentee Ballot immediately and send it back to your local election official ASAP. This will secure your vote in case your official state ballot does not make it back to your local election official in time. If it does make it back in time, your FWAB will be cancelled.
- Ask all your friends and family to register to vote (see above) and to join Democrats Abroad democratsabroad.org
- Sign up to volunteer – we need all hands on deck to phone-bank and register voters. Contact info-israel@org and indicate what kind of volunteer work you will do.
- Help us reach the tens of thousands of Americans in Israel – make a 100, 200, 300 NIS donation to Democrats Abroad – Israel Bank Hapoalim (12) Branch 558 Account number 387497 Or via Bit to Democrats Abroad Israel +972544510754
- Be abroad and be a U.S. citizen
- Be a member of Democrats Abroad
- Be 18 as of November 3, 2020
- Not have voted, or plan to vote, in any other 2020 state presidential primary
Invitation to Democrats Abroad Global Presidential PrimaryRead more