Saturday, July 17
John Lewis Global Voting Rights Day ForumRSVP
This event is sponsored by the DA John Lewis Global Voting Right Day Committee, The Global Black Caucus, and the Progressive Caucus.
“Do not get lost in a sea of despair. Be hopeful, be optimistic. Our struggle is not the struggle of a day, a week, a month, or a year, it is the struggle of a lifetime. Never, ever be afraid to make some noise and get in good trouble, necessary trouble.”
We are having Tech issues, please use the link below.
DA Global Caucuses is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: The John Lewis Global Voting Rights Day Forum
Time: Jul 17, 2021 04:00 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna
Meeting ID: 885 8475 0478
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,88584750478#,,,,*185500# US (Chicago)
+13462487799,,88584750478#,,,,*185500# US (Houston)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 720 707 2699 US (Denver)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
Meeting ID: 885 8475 0478
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kfFaq3N7n
It's been one year since John Lewis's passing. Please join Democrats Abroad to honor the memory of John Lewis and carry forward the flame of his dedication to voting right for all.
The event consists of three sections:
- Remembering the life and legacy of John Lewis - We will have several speakers who knew John Lewis.
- The current state of voting rights in America - Speakers from West Virginia, Arizona, Texas, the Board of Advisors of the U.S. Election Assistance Commission, and more.
- What Democrats Abroad can do to help ensure voting rights.
- Former Senator Doug Jones - AL
- John Lewis's photographer, Chantele Wong
Christina Skovsgaard, Chair, DA Norway - Dems Abroad had a special relationship with John Lewis—the story of which will be recounted by Christina Skovsgaard, the Chair of DA Norway—
who once cooked dinner for him, and helped arrange a gift he so treasured that he WEPT when it was presented to him by the DA Norway team!
- James Perkins Jr, Mayor of Selma Alabama
- Nadine Hack, DA Switzerland
- Natalie Tennant, West Virginia
- Barbara Simons, Auditing the Elections
- Adrian Fontes, Arizona
- Maya Buchanan - DA Voter Protection
- Teresa Ritterhof - DA State Teams
More information on the speakers will be posted as the speakers are confirmed.
|Location||Event Start Time|
|Vancouver, Canada||07:00 PDT|
|Washington DC, USA||10:00 EDT|
|London, United Kingdom||15:00 BST|
|Frankfurt, Germany||16:00 CEST|
|Nairobi, Kenya||17:00 EAT|
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates||18:00 GST|
|New Delhi, India||19:30 IST|
|Bangkok, Thailand||21:00 ICT|
|Beijing, China||22:00 CST|
Make "Good Trouble" to Save Our Democracy! RSVP today!
Be sure to check out The John Lewis Global Voting Rights Day Action Guide - Make “Good Trouble” and Save Our Democracy!
Saturday, July 17, 2021 at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US & Canada) Time