Democrats Abroad Japan Announcement of Kansai Chapter Election for 2019
The Kansai Nomination and Election Committee (KNEC) of Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) is proud to call upon our Kansai membership to submit their nominations for the 2019 Kansai Chapter Election. The call for nominations is for the following positions:
- Chair of Kansai Chapter
- Vice-Chair of Kansai Chapter
- Secretary of Kansai Chapter
- Treasurer of Kansai Chapter
If you are interested in holding an officer position, you must fulfill the following requirements in order to qualify:
- Be a member in good standing pursuant Article III of the By-Laws of Democrats Abroad Japan. You can confirm your membership by signing into DemocratsAbroad.org.
- Not be completing a 2ndconsecutive term for the office in question, as per the term limits set out in our by-laws pursuant to Article X, Section 1: “No National, or Chapter Officer, nor any Members-at-Large can serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same position.”
- In the case of running for Chair or Vice Chair, pursuant to Article V, Section 1, “The Chair and Vice Chair shall not be of the same-sex.”
In order to join the election process, members may nominate themselves or another member by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Japan time on August 22nd. All nomination emails should include the following:
- Complete name of the person nominated.
- Contact information including phone number, mailing address, and email address.
- Name of the nominated position.
The KNEC has enclosed a calendar of the important dates regarding the election cycle so that we can ensure a transparent and fair election process, which can be accessed here. Please direct all questions to the KNEC by email: email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Kansai Nomination and Election Committee