Call for Nominations for the 2023 Kansai Chapter Elections
It’s time for DAJ Kansai chapter bi-annual officer elections!
Announcement of 2023 Democrats Abroad Japan Kansai Election
The 2023 Nomination and Election Committee (NEC) of Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) Kansai Chapter is proud to call upon our membership to submit their nominations for the 2023 DAJ Kansai Chapter Election. The call for nominations is for the following positions:
Kansai Chapter Officer positions
- Chair (Volunteer Lead, Raises New Leaders)
- Vice-Chair (Serves as Chair in their absence; Supports the Team)
- Secretary (Manages/maintains membership database; Technical and Precise)
- Treasurer (Manages the Kansai finances, maintains transparency and records)
If you are interested in holding an officer position, you must fulfill the following requirements in order to qualify:
- Be a member in good standing pursuant Article III of the By-Laws of Democrats Abroad Japan. You can confirm your membership by signing into DemocratsAbroad.org.
- Not be completing a 2nd consecutive term for the office in question, as per the term limits set out in our by-laws pursuant to Article X, Section 1: “No National, or Chapter Officer, nor any Members-at-Large can serve more than two (2) consecutive terms in the same position.”
- In the case of running for Chair or Vice Chair, pursuant to Article V, Section 1, “The Chair and Vice Chair shall not be of the same sex.”
In order to join the election process, members may nominate themselves or another member by sending an e-mail to [email protected] no later than 11:59pm Japan time on Friday, March 31st, 2023. All nomination emails should include the following:
- Complete name of the person nominated.
- Contact information including phone number and email address.
- Name of the nominated position.
- Feb 15- March 31st- Nomination Period
- April 1- April 14th- Vetting Period
- April 15th Annual General Meeting, Meet the Candidates
- April 15th-May 15th Voting Period
Anyone considering running for office is encouraged to join a Chat with the Chair (National Chair Sarajean Rossitto) on Monday 2/27 and/or Monday 3/27 from 8-9 PM. The National Nominations and Elections Committee will also be holding a potential candidate Q&A session on March 11th at 10am, but potential candidates from all regions are welcome. Please see the DAJ calendar for links: DAJ calendar
Please direct all questions to the NEC by email: [email protected]
We look forward to receiving your nominations!
Kansai Chapter Nomination and Election Committee
The DAJ Kansai Election Is Open!
Kansai Chapter Ballots will be in your email shortly! Ballots are due by midnight June 11th, 2021.
Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 07:00 PM Chuo Ward TimeSound Garden, Namba in Osaka, Japan
Kansai Speakeasy - back in person in 2023
Thursday March 23rd 7pm
Kansai speakeasy at Sound Garden in Namba from 7.
* 1,000 yen happy hour until 9.
Join us every 3rd Thursday of the month
Come by with friends to make new friends, to have a drink, to hang out and/or talk politics with like-minded people.
Sound Garden: Ripple Soemoncho, 2F, 2 Chome-3-13 Shinsaibashisuji, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0085
*In the Kansai region and want to get more involved? Email us [email protected] or just RSVP and we will contact you soon
Looking for volunteers to help spread the word - please share widely!
Friday, March 24, 2023 at 07:30 PM Time · 7 rsvpsonline using Zoom in Tokyo, Japan
Asia-Pacific E.R.A. 100-Year Birthday Party
In honor of Women’s History Month DAJapan co-sponsors a virtual Asia-Pacific E.R.A. 100-Year Birthday Party
Join us on Fri March 24 at 7:30pm Japan time
This virtual gathering will include discussion on why the E.R.A. and equality matters, how gender issues are connected, the need for more leaders who understand the importance of gender equity and how what happens in the US impacts people elsewhere.
Women’s History Month Asia-Pacific ERA 100-Year Birthday Party
Friday March 24 7:30-9:00pm
- 7:20 Virtual doors open
- 7:30 Welcome and official start
- Overview of the ERA and the Birthday party project
- Discussion: what the ERA means to me, what gender equality means to me
- Prepare for recording - options and ideas about how to do it
- 8:20 Next steps
- 8:30 Wrap up
- (~ 9:00pm online mingling and casual discussion)
- Looking for volunteers to help out - if you are interested contact [email protected]
- RSVP to get updated info and Zoom details
- Kansai Chapter Officer positions
Do you like this page?