U.S. Taxes due April 15th-Filing Deadline For U.S. Citizens abroad is June 15th
U.S. Tax Seminar -Mississauga
Peel-Oakville organizers within the Toronto Chapter invite you to our first U.S. Tax Seminar in Mississauga.
This is an opportunity to
- Learn about changes in US tax obligations - see detailed agenda below
- Meet Mississauga and Oakville Democrats
- Support local efforts to resist the current White House agenda, Get Out the Vote in 2017 special electioins and take back Congress in the 2018 midterm election.
Click here to register now!
Tuesday, March 28th, 7-9 pmSouth Common Community Centre2233 South Millwayin Mississauga near Erin Mill Pkwy / Burnhamthorpe Rd West
Presenters:John Grummett and Adrienne BarclayTaylor Leibow LLP Accountants & Advisors
- Do I need to file a US tax Return?
- What’s new for 2016 tax filings
- US Foreign Reporting Forms
- Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedures
- Implications of Renouncing US citizenship
Comparison of the US & Canadian tax system including:
- Tax on death/gift tax
- Mutual funds
- Principal residence
- FATCA update
- What income tax changes to expect with the Trump administration.
To help raise funds to Get Out the Vote for the special elections in 2017 and mid-term elections in 2018, we ask a donation of $15 at the seminar.
Note: There will be time for questions. Please refer individual tax issues to your qualified US tax accountant.These seminars are not showcases for any product. Democrats Abroad will not share your contact information with the presenters.
For further information: Susan Alksnis at [email protected]