DEMOCRATS ABROAD AUSTRALIA IS HOLDING FIVE OFFICIAL POLLING LOCATIONS FOR OVERSEAS US CITIZENS TO VOTE IN THE DEMOCRATS ABROAD GLOBAL PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY (GPP) FOR 2020!
So much is at stake in the 2020 Election and we want EVERY US Citizen who lives in Australia to vote - this is why we are having five polling locations with additional cities holding information sessions.
GPP VOTING DAY IS SATURDAY 7TH MARCH 2020!
Times vary by location below:
- ADELAIDE, SA (11:00am - 4:00pm) - Gilbert Street Hotel, 88 Gilbert Street, Adelaide, SA 5000
- BRISBANE, QLD (4:00pm - 7:00pm) - Pig & Whistle Riverside, Riverside Centre, 123 Eagle St, Brisbane, QLD 4000
- CANBERRA, ACT (9:00am - 2:00pm) - King O’Malley’s, 131 City Walk, Canberra, ACT 2601
- MELBOURNE, VIC (9:00am - 3:00pm) - Community Hub at The Dock Multipurpose Room, Level 1, 912 Collins Street, Docklands, VIC 3008
- SYDNEY, NSW (11:00am - 4:00pm) - Palace Hotel, 730 George Street, Haymarket NSW 2000
In addition, there are Voting Information Centres* planned for the following cities, locations and times TBD:
*Voting Information Centres will not officially collect ballots but will have ballots on hand that members can fill out and scan to return to the secure electronic ballot e-mail address.
If you cannot make it to one of the locations on Saturday 7th March, absentee voting will be available from 18 February to 10 March 2020. Ballots can be returned to a secure e-mail address (preferred) OR a PO Box in Adelaide, SA. Details forthcoming.
US Citizens must join Democrats Abroad to vote, same day registration is permitted. Join us today at www.democratsabroad.org/join!
Democrats Abroad Australia also encourages all US Citizens to also register to vote in down-ballot races in your home state (if permitted). NOTE that you may only vote ONCE for the Presidential Candidate either in the Democrats Abroad Primary OR your home state - NOT BOTH!
You can request your State primary ballot at www.VoteFromAbroad.org - follow the steps on the website
Voting Information Guide forthcoming!