Monday, December 04
London, United Kingdom
Social Security for Americans Abroad in the UK & AfricaRSVP
Many people that live abroad don't realize that they're eligible for Social Security benefits. This event aims to address the unknowns of benefits available for Americans living abroad in the UK and Africa, and how to access these essential resources.
Jennifer Hersey from the Federal Benefits Unit (FBU), based in the American Embassy in London, will join us to speak about Social Security eligibility for people living abroad. This event is free and will take place online using Zoom.
The FBU London provides assistance to over 44,000 beneficiaries throughout the UK, Bermuda and the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Ghana, Gambia, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Topics discussed will include:
- Social Security benefits
- Windfall Elimination Provision (WEP)
- other related federal benefits
This webinar is for you if you are:
- a child of a retired or disabled US parent
- a widow
- are curious what kind of benefits are available for Americans living abroad
- or just want to be aware of what benefits you could be eligible for in the future
Add event to calendar
12:00 - 13:30 EST
|London, United Kingdom||17:00-18:30 GMT|
|Johannesburg, South Africa||19:00 - 20:30 SAST|
|Nairobi, Kenya||20:00 - 21:30 EAT|
- Attendees are asked to pre-submit questions on this form by Wednesday, November 29th. The more questions we get in advance, the better we can prepare and shape the program around the things you want to learn about the most!
- For those unable to attend the event, please RSVP for the event anyway to get an email with the link to the recording afterwards. Please be aware that it can take several days after the event for the recording to be sent.
- Please email [email protected] to be added to the mailing list to keep up to date with the actions and upcoming events from the Democrats Abroad UK Tax Committee.
The fine print:
- We can't guarantee we will be able to answer all questions submitted before, during, or after the event, but we will try to answer as many questions as possible.
Disclaimer: Democrats Abroad cannot provide individual tax advice. We are not tax lawyers, accountants or advisers. Please consult a professional tax adviser/accountant/return preparer when addressing your personal tax matters.
We recommend the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find a service provider who meets your needs and budget, though buyers need always beware. Democrats Abroad suggests Americans abroad in need of tax advice consult the IRS Tax Return Preparer Directory to find an advisor or tax return preparer near you or providing online services: https://irs.treasury.gov/rpo/rpo.jsf
Monday, December 04, 2023 at 05:00 PM London Time
DAUK Tax Committee