A big thanks to everyone who joined us for the Annual General Meeting(AGM) on Sat, April 15 in Shibuya or online!
About 33 Members, from Akita to Kyushu joined us for the AGM, which featured reports from the outgoing executive committee members, the national elections committee, national candidate speeches, and reports from chapters and committees. The AGM ended with a group photo and Call to Action for all members: to help build our community in 2023 so we can expand our reach and have a broader impact in 2023 and 2024.
A key section of the AGM was focused on the elections. We got to hear from people running for office.
- Ballots, candidate and election info HERE:
- Ballots must have handwritten signatures, either by print-and-scan, or photo of signature written on a piece of paper as explained in the the instructions previously sent and online.
- Candidate statements are available on the DAJ website (https://www.democratsabroad.org/jp).
- Meet the Candidates and Annual General meeting video clips featuring candidate statements: HERE:
Be sure to turn in your ballots before May 15, 11:50PM! Note for at-large and chapter elections you must reside in those regions for your ballot to be counted.
Many thanks to all the volunteers who took notes, photos, prepped coffee, snacks and drinks for us. About 13 people joined the after-party in Tokyo.
We followed up the AGM with Get Out the Vote (GoTV) trainings on voter assistance (Tues, April 18) and Phonebanking (Wed, April 19).
In addition to the national AGM, the Tokai, Kansai and Kanto chapters held their AGMs in April as well.
Materials from the DAJ 2023 Annual General Meetings
- DAJ 2023 National AGM Slides
- DAJ 2023 National AGM Meeting packet
- DAJ 2023 National AGM Meeting minutes submitted to the DPCA
DAJ Chapter meeting minutes
- DAJ YouTube Channel link with video from the AGM and much more!