On Sunday, May 19, from 2-4 pm, Democrats Abroad Japan (DAJ) will hold Meet the Candidates events from in Osaka, Nagoya, Tokyo, and Yokohama. These events are in support of DAJ 2019 National Elections for officer positions, Members-at-Large, and DPCA Voting Representative. Events will include time to hear from the candidates, ask questions and hold local DAJ Chapter discussions. They provide a great opportunity to meet fellow Democrats and find out about the people who will guide us to victory in 2020!
Meet the Candidates Events
- Location: Akasaka Community Plaza - Akasaka Kumin Center
- Location: the McCreery’s home, near Yokohama station
- Facebook event page coming soon!
- Kansai (Osaka)
- Location: Lingua Cafe
- See further details and RSVP on the Facebook event page
- Tokai (Nagoya)
- Location: Eric Gondree's apartment, near Irinaka Station in Nagoya
- RSVP on the Facebook event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/427669664457652/
- National Election candidate statements are available as downloadable PDF files on the DAJ website: http://www.democratsabroad.org/247449/2019_daj_national_officer_candidate_statements
Ballots and Voting
- Ballots will be available from May 19 and must be turned in by June 14. Ballots can be downloaded from the DAJ website and faxed or mailed. Some paper ballots and envelopes will be available at the Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya venues.
- Submit Your Questions in advance to a candidate before Thursday, May 16 using this form: http://forms.gle/o3HWKNAHf3ZCNde18
Please contact the DAJ 2019 Nominations and Elections Committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any trouble with the links above, or
- If you don't use Facebook, or
- If you want to learn how to join online via Zoom!, or
- If you need details about an event near you, or
- If you want to hold a Meet the Candidates Event in your area, or
- If you have questions about events or elections!
Thank you very much, everyone, for support. We look forward to an engaging discussion with the candidates on May 19!
The Nominations and Elections Committee
Sarajean Rossitto, Steven Breyak, Jenise Treuting, Leslie Anne Rogers