2019 National Officer Position Candidates
- Chair ----------- John Baumlin
- Vice-Chair ---- none
- Treasurer ----- none
- Secretary ----- Anna Costello
Members-at-Large Position* Candidates
- Hokkaido ---------------------------- none
- Eastern/Northern Honshu ------- Elena Morlock
- Western/Southern Honshu ------ Raymond Terhune
- Shikoku and Kyushu/Okinawa --- Rose Turck
Democratic Party Committee Abroad (DPCA)
- Kiyoko Ayukawa
- Gordon Gaul
* Note - These are non-voting positions as members of the DAJ Advisory Board.
** Note - Write-in votes will be accepted and tallied for all positions.
The upcoming schedule with key dates is posted below.
We will be holding a Meet the Candidates! Forum on Sunday, May 19, from 2-4pm, with access from various locations. Updates will be posted on the DAJ Facebook page. Details about the event will be sent to the membership by email after Golden Week. We would like to encourage everyone to save the date and time so that you may take an active role in the elections.
Contact the 2019 NEC if you have any questions at [email protected]
Submitted, on behalf of the DAJ 2019 Nominations and Elections Committee
Next key dates
- Early May - Candidate statements made available.
- Sun 5/19 Voting opens.
- Sun 5/19 2-4pm Meet the Candidates!! Forum
- Tokyo venue: Akasaka Community Plaza - Akasaka Kumin Senta
- Details will be posted on the DAJ website and Facebook page
- Additional venue information will be provided in May.
- Fri 6/14 Voting closes
- Sun 6/16 2-4pm Ballots counted.
- Venue: Iigura Ikiiki Plaza
- Details will be posted in May on the DAJ website and the Facebook page
- Mon 6/17 Membership notified of election results.
DAJ Official Website: http://www.democratsabroad.org/jp
Facebook Event Page: http://www.facebook.com/events/274970940051279/