2022 March #1 Newsletter contents:
- Message from your national officers
- Annual General Meeting and Meet the Candidates Event April 9th, 1:30pm
- Upcoming DA Japan Events
- Online Speakeasy Thurs March 10, 7pm
- GoTV Training Sat March 12 11am
- AP GOTV Team Leaders Meeting, Sun March 13 5pm
- Webinar for US Overseas Taxpayers, Sat March 19 6pm
- Learn to Phonebank, Sun March 20 5pm
- Gun Control event Sat April 2 - looking for PR volunteers
- Make a video for the Global Women's Caucus Reproductive Justice Team project
🌟Message from your national officers
❤️ From your DA Japan Executive Committee
Sarajean (Chair), Dave (Secretary), Regina(Treasurer)
Have you reregistered to vote/requested a ballot yet this year? Just go to www.votefromabroad.org Help us reach new and more voters by sharing this newsletter with all your American friends!
🌟 Annual General Meeting (AGM) and Meet the Candidates on Sat April 9, 1pm, online
2022 AGM Sat April 9 1:30-5:00pm
Democrats Abroad Japan will be hosting its Annual General Meeting on April 9, 2022.
Virtual doors open 1:10pm for mingling and socializing
What will happen
- The Executive Committee reports to the membership on progress and finances
- Get out the vote campaign: updates and training
- Find out how to volunteer
- Special elections: Meet the candidates
- Learn about the new logo, and communications & fundraising plans
- DAJ Bylaws review
- Time to mingle, make new friends and see familiar faces
Have an item you think should be on the agenda? Have a prize for our raffle? Please let us know by March 15. Contact [email protected]
Note: You must be a member of Democrats Abroad Japan to participate.
- Should pandemic conditions ease, we may follow the AGM with small local social events for continuing the discussion. if you can host 1 of these in your area - please contact [email protected]
- RSVP for the AGM HERE:
- The minutes from the 2021 AGM can be found HERE:
- A more detailed mailing and materials will be shared next week!
Nominations for Vice Chair (Liaison to chapters), Member-at-Large Hokkaido (Hokkaido member representative), and Alternate Democratic Party Committee Abroad Voting Representative close on March 14th - More Info HERE:
DA Japan Bylaws proposals accepted through March 12th. More Info HERE:
🌟Upcoming DA Japan Events
1️⃣ Online Speakeasy Thursday, March 10, 7pm~10pm JST
As always, bring your favorite beverage and hang out with friends old and new. RSVP HERE:
2️⃣ GoTV Training - Saturday, March 12 11am
Rebecca - DA Japan GOTV chair - will lead an interactive introductory workshop on how to help US voters get registered, vote, and make sure their ballots are counted. Learn, step-by-step, how to use VFA for voter education as well as registration. Find out how you can make a difference in the midterms. RSVP HERE:
3️⃣ AP GOTV Team Leaders Meeting, Sunday, March 13, 5pm
The monthly meeting of Asia Pacific GOTV point persons - find out more about plans to make a difference in the 2022 midterms.
4️⃣ Webinar for US Overseas Taxpayers, Saturday, March 19 6pm
DA South Korea will be sponsoring a US Taxpayer Webinar with Nathalie Goldstein from myexpattaxes. Get answers to your Tax questions. RSVP HERE:
You might also be interested in this video: Why U.S. Taxes Aren't a Barrier to Voting in U.S. Elections A talk by Rebecca Lammers, DA Global Tax Task Force Chair, Democrats Abroad
5️⃣ LEARN TO PHONEBANK, Sunday, March 20, 5pm
Asia Pacific Phonebanking training and practice
March 2022 Trainer: Layne Mostyn, DA Australia
Phonebanking is one of the easiest and most effective ways for us to turn out the DA vote in Asia Pacific, and around the globe!
The first hour will be an introduction and the second hour we will practice calling, so you can build your confidence and jump right into phone banking!
🌟Gun Control event, Saturday, April 2, 12 noon - looking for volunteers
We have some speakers lined up for a gun control event on Saturday, April 2, but need your help with PR and organizing the event. Contact [email protected] to find out more.
🌟Make a video for the Global Women's Caucus Reproductive Justice Team project.
Make a 1-minute video explaining why the right to abortion is absolutely necessary. Mention VotefromAbroad.org for overseas voter registration in the video. We hope to motivate people to vote once the videos go up on Youtube. Link with information about the project and how to participate: HERE:
DID YOU KNOW:
$5 a month - Just 1 bowl of ramen - Can have a big impact for DA and DAJ!
- Calling all DAJ members 2X per year => $2500 + overhead for the calling platform = $3000 / 30 people @ $100 per year or 60 people @ $5 per month
- THUS => If just 30 people gave $100 per year or if 60 people contributed $5 per month, we could call all our members 2X this year to get them to vote.
Even if you don't have the time to call, you can help us by making a contribution.