Virginia ratified the ERA and became the needed 38 state for the ERA to be added to the US Constitutions
- 01/27/2020 - Senate ratifies ERA
- 01/27/2020 - House ratifies ERA
- 01/15/2020 - SJ1 ERA Resolution passes in Senate
- 01/15/2020 - HJ1 ERA Resolution passes in House
- 11/18/2020 - SJ1 ERA resolution prefiled in Senate
- 11/18/2020 - HJ1 ERA resolution prefiled in House
- 2/21/2019 - ERA dead for 2019 but will be introduced again in 2020
- 2/21/2019 - Vote to change rule to allow floor vote failed (50-50)
- 1/25/2019 - Movement underway to allow SJ284 and HJ579 to go to the floor vote in the House
- 1/22/2019 - House P&E Subcommittee #1 kills both SJ284 and HJ579 (4-2)
- 1/15/2019 - Senate passes ERA bill SJ284 (26-18)
- 1/1/2019 - ERA bills submitted (SJ284 and HJ579)
- 2011-2018 - Virginia Senate passed the ERA 6 times, but the Virginia House killed it in subcommittee
2020 State Legislature Session Dates
January 8 through March 7
What You Can Do
There are several other ERA campaigns initiated by Democrats Abroad. You can find the list and details here.
State ERA Groups
These are organizations that have emails about Virginia ERA activities.
Here are some Facebook groups to follow.
Articles about ERA in Virginia
Click here for a list of current articles about ERA.
DA ERA project coordinator
Shari Temple, in Germany, is our Virginia state ERA Coordinator. If you have any questions or would like to get involved, please contact her ERA-VA@democratsabroad.org.