The Seniors Caucus supports the goals and ideals of the Democratic Party and Democrats Abroad, and urges us to vote in each election.
The Seniors Caucus was formed in January 2022 by a group of DA Seniors led by Betsy Ettore, and is growing stronger each month.
Our purpose is to form a community where we can inform our members, and help each other to better understand the issues and concerns affecting American Seniors living abroad, thereby building a forum for making our voices heard in Washington DC. Most importantly, we want to empower and encourage Senior Americans living abroad to exercise their voting rights.
We advocate for laws, policies, and programs that improve the lives of Senior Americans, and educate all people on the experiences of Seniors.
Our caucus is open to Democrats Abroad members of all ages.
- To support the goals and ideals of the Democratic Party and Democrats Abroad;
- To maximize the participation of Senior Americans living abroad in US elections;
- To advocate on issues of concern to Senior Americans, especially those living abroad;
- To be a voice for U.S. citizens living abroad;
- To support campaigns of Democratic candidates aligned with the interests of Seniors;
- To work with other teams, task forces and Caucuses within DA to further our joint goals.