Worried or confused about what you need to do about your U.S. taxes? (You must RSVP here to attend, see details below)
All U.S. citizens and permanent residents are subject to US taxes for their worldwide income, even if they never lived in the USA and even if they hold dual citizenship. Come to an evening tax information session on May 8, 2019, to learn more about what you need to do as an American citizen or permanent resident living abroad.
Donald Black (an American lawyer) and Monique Luegger (from Americans’ Income Tax Service) will be presenting and fielding your questions.
Topics will include
- legal requirements
- German-American tax treaties (income, saving, gift & estate, totalization, Social Security)
- Foreign Earned Income Exclusion / Foreign Tax Credit
- 1040 & 2555 Forms
- Overseas self-employment and US Social Security Tax
- FATCA & FBAR
- and much much more (bring your questions)
June 15th, 2019 is the deadline for filers living abroad for the tax year 2018, and everyone must file!
You must register on this page to attend Democrats Abroad’s U.S. Tax Info Session. If you can't attend after all, please cancel your RSVP and free up a spot for someone else.
If you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, we would appreciate your support for this and future events by making a small donation of 5 or 10 Euro.
Please note, as an official part of the Democratic party, the U.S. Federal Election Commission prohibits us from accepting any funds from foreign nationals.
Acct Name: Democrats Abroad Germany
IBAN: DE04 5405 0220 0140 2702 99
Note (Verwendungszweck): Berlin Tax Event
Become a sustaining donor!
Pledge 5 Euro per month or more towards for a year to become a sustaining donor. That's just 60 Euros over the course of the year. This donation will help us…
- Rent a room for our monthly meetings
- Print flyers and materials
- Fund postcard writing campaigns to the United States
- Rent sound equipment for the 2019 Women's March
- Save money for larger 2020 election expenses, such as renting a space to create a phonebanking center to reach all of our members in Berlin
- Provide travel funds for students and low-income members to attend Democrats Abroad Germany annual meetings and retreats
- Grow our new precincts in Dresden and Leipzig
Kremmener Straße 8
Google map and directions