This Tuesday, January 29, 2019, beginning at 7:30pm at Begegnungsstätte Falckensteinstraße, the Berlin chapter of Democrats Abroad Germany will hold elections for the chapter board.
This is the first time our chapter will directly elect board positions beyond chapter chair, so we hope to see as many of you as possible! Be part of making Democrats Abroad more democratic, right here in our own backyard. The five leadership positions up for election are
- Vice Chair
- Communications and Press Officer
- Volunteer and Membership Coordinator
- and GOTV (Get Out The Vote) Coordinator
Candidate nominations can also be made from the floor at the election meeting, if supported by a second from among the membership. For more details about the election process and descriptions of the positions being elected, visit the 2019 Berlin Chapter Elections page.
If you have any questions about the election, the positions, or the process, please do not hesitate to get in touch: [email protected]
Annual General Meeting in Heidelberg
Democrats Abroad Germany is hosting its 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Heidelberg the last weekend in February (Feb 22-24). We encourage members in Berlin to attend. Come network with other Americans from across Germany, be part of the discussion on the future of Democrats Abroad Germany, and vote on (or run for!) national leadership positions.
Help Democrats Abroad telling our taxation stories!
Democrats Abroad is currently conducting the 2019 Non-Resident Taxation Research Project. The taxation task force wants to hear from you to support efforts to persuade Congress to reform taxation laws and provide us with relief.
- All questions are optional
- No names, emails, or personal identification requested or required
- Information gathered will be used to lobby Congress and federal government regulators and to illustrate the financial burden Americans abroad endure complying with the tax, banking, securities, and other laws that discriminate against us.
- ►Take the survey by midnight (U.S. EST) on Sunday, February 3, 2019