Our midterm work is revved up in earnest and we have lots of interesting opportunities for you to work on globally. Below are a few requests our global teams have for the start of July!
Global team work is all online. If you are used to working in a virtual environment, and are a good team player, these are great roles for you.
Get Out the Vote
Making calls to potential voters abroad is one of the most important volunteer jobs you can do. Most Americans abroad aren't called in an election even once (those back home are called hundreds of times). If you have a good internet connection and are looking for a way to help take back the House and Senate, please head to our phonebanking page and get started!
Voter Help Desk
If you are an experienced GOTV volunteer, with a minimum of 2 to 4 hours per week free for volunteer work, please consider working on our Voter Help Desk. For more information, contact email@example.com
Study Abroad Outreach
The Study Abroad Outreach team is looking for volunteers to help with contacting (by phone and email) study abroad programs and coordinating outreach to students leading up to the midterm elections. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Time commitment minimum 1-2 hours per week through November elections
Skill set: Comfortable making phone calls, sending emails and using Google Docs and Sheets
Taxation Task Force
The Taxation Task Force is seeking a volunteer to join our team who is reliable and who can help prepare written materials such as campaign documents, Congressional submissions and messages to DA leadership and members. For more information, contact email@example.com.
IT liaisons for global teams
The technology team needs volunteers to serve as IT liaisons for several of our global teams. In addition, we are looking for someone to be the technical CallHub coordinator.
Time commitment 5 to 10 hours training, 1 to 3 hours per week through November.
Skill set: Comfortable working with content management software at a configuration level. No coding required. Need to be a good team player, accustomed to working in a virtual global environment. Fill in this survey to apply.
Communications Lead + Researcher + Project Manager
People to do research for special days/months
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Researchers to compile progressive candidate lists
- Writers to promote candidates and promote progressive issues
- Project managers - progressive book club, speaker series, issue campaigns (campaign finance reform, Democratic Party reform, and more)
- Media person for our global letters to the editor campaign for healthcare
- IT support
- Phonebankers - with enough ProDA phoners we could do call campaigns for progressive candidates. Sign up on DA’s phonebanking page.
- Complete our action survey to volunteer with ProDA. Or email email@example.com
Join ProDA here: https://www.democratsabroad.org/pc
Communications Lead + IT liaison
We NEED Volunteers! We especially need people with journalistic skills to help us write original, motivating articles about our women candidates, and to interview our DA women in Latin America. More details below:
- News team members to assist the GWC in writing and gathering content for monthly and quarterly newsletters.
Skills required are curiosity, web/internet and writing skills. Team Player. Time required: 10 hours a month.
- A dedicated IT person to help develop our webpage area and give the co-chairs technical assistance. Time required: 8 hours a month.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.